Anybody Else Have This Problem??

/ Anybody Else Have This Problem?? #1  

Giles

Silver Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota B2320---Wheelhorse lawn mower--- Case 480D Backhoe
:confused:I bought a new Kubota ZD221 lawn mower and one of the front tires would leak down a few pounds in about three weeks. I discovered the sidewalls had tiny cracks and there were about three in each front tire.
I recently bought a B2320 that is 09 model with 100 hours. When I bought the tractor, I aired up all the tires and one month later I have the same problem with the front tires on this machine.
Is there a chemical I can put in the tires to stop these tiny leaks that won't harm my rims?

/ Anybody Else Have This Problem?? #2  
There is a product called Slime that I have in the front tires of my BX. Its pretty good stuff.

/ Anybody Else Have This Problem?? #3  
My BX is 6 years old and the tires look like new..You do have a strange issue there.

I have seen many on this board use Slime in leaking tires..Never had to do it myself so this isn't first hand.

/ Anybody Else Have This Problem?? #4  
Slime will work for a short time. It has a short shelf life. And it's nasty stuff. Slime is a good name for it. The tire will have to be fixed properly sooner or later. Getting all the Slime cleaned out of the tire and rim is something you will only want to do once.

/ Anybody Else Have This Problem?? #5  
Slime will work for a short time. It has a short shelf life. And it's nasty stuff. Slime is a good name for it. The tire will have to be fixed properly sooner or later. Getting all the Slime cleaned out of the tire and rim is something you will only want to do once.

Thats not the experience with at least the version of "slime" I have in every tire on the place. Three of the 4 tractor tires have the same slime I put in there 11 years ago and are doing fine. The other tire was taken off the rim a bout 5 years ago and major repairs were made. The slime is easily washed out with a water hose. Put about 20 patches on the tire, remounted, and put slime back in. That slime has been in there 5 years.

/ Anybody Else Have This Problem?? #6  
Thats not the experience with at least the version of "slime" I have in every tire on the place. Three of the 4 tractor tires have the same slime I put in there 11 years ago and are doing fine. The other tire was taken off the rim a bout 5 years ago and major repairs were made. The slime is easily washed out with a water hose. Put about 20 patches on the tire, remounted, and put slime back in. That slime has been in there 5 years.

Why would you put twenty patches on a tire that was originally protected by Slime? And for sure it's not easily washed out with a garden hose either. We're talking wire brush putty knife, and sandpaper on the wheel rim.

/ Anybody Else Have This Problem?? #7  
I have the same problem with my BX24. I concluded that the tires that came on it were junk. The original Carlisles on my 1971 Wheel Horse saw the same terrain as my BX, and never had any problems. I opted to replace my front tires with Carlisles because of this, and haven't had any problems since. Yet, anyway.

/ Anybody Else Have This Problem?? #8  
I had a similar problem too but had Silver City put a tube in the tire. Sure it's not as easy to fix it yourself if you do get a flat but that's an option.

And all our small trailer like tires have tubes in them.

/ Anybody Else Have This Problem?? #9  
There have actually been a couple of threads here on TBN regarding Kubota tire leaks, at least in the BX series tractors...

Seems it isn't isolated to the BX.:(