eBay/Craigslist Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors?

/ Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #21  
   / Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #22  
I know.. see my edited post.. I clicked before google maps came up.. Pretty funny when you drive up to the real addy :)

/ Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #23  
Midniteoyl,
I checked out that tractor back in April. I lived in Memphis at the time and did the google maps and knew that the address given and the pictures of the tractor did not match up. That was the first clue.
I emailed the contact and got an email that said all I had to do was give my contact information so someone could contact me to set up a Google Wallet transaction and that when set up the tractor would be shipped free, I would have 15 days to check it out, and if I didn't like it I could ship it back free of charge. Clues two, three, and four. Meanwhile, someone has my money.

/ Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #24  
IF the only contact is an email address, It could be a scam.

After the ridiculously low price, what Xfaxman notes is always my second clue that it's a bogus ad. I bet I flag 5 to 10 per week.
As far as those who email to ask if an item I have is still for sale, sometimes I just delete it and don't answer. If I'm aggravated enough, I'll reply and question their reading comprehension skills or worse! :censored:

/ Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #25  
Here's another one. $10k tractor for how much???
cheap tractor.jpg

/ Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #26  
Wow.. great price! Think I'll pick that up..

/ Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #27  
I live in Central New York. In June I sold a small tractor to a fellow in Kansas, sight unseen. He responded to my Craiglsist ad but suspected a scam.

The buyer, at his expense, used my attorney to act as the escrow agent for the transaction. (The buyer also did a background check on my attorney). The purchase price was sent to my attorney and when the tractor arrived in Kansas, via UShip, my attorney called and said to come pick-up my money.

This worked out well for me.

/ Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #28  
I live in Central New York. In June I sold a small tractor to a fellow in Kansas, sight unseen. He responded to my Craiglsist ad but suspected a scam.

The buyer, at his expense, used my attorney to act as the escrow agent for the transaction. (The buyer also did a background check on my attorney). The purchase price was sent to my attorney and when the tractor arrived in Kansas, via UShip, my attorney called and said to come pick-up my money.

This worked out well for me.
LOL.. That doesnt sound like a scam at all :)

/ Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #29  
I figure con artists must run those ads to snare people who just came into some money and are having an exceptionally stupid day.