Rear Blade Anybody have a Land Pride RBT55 Grader Blade

/ Anybody have a Land Pride RBT55 Grader Blade #21  
An addendum: my comment about the 3ph wanting to rise as the blade digs in as you move forward (let's say with no toplink) was based on the assumption that when the blade was resting the "strongback" was sagging ...how to say? the strongback was not level, but pitched down toward the tractor ...if it was level then the 3ph would neither want to rise nor fall. If, instead, it pitched up, then the 3ph would want to lower. That is, as you move forward with the blade digging, it wants to "straighten out" (and thereby shorten) the connection. Does that accord with your mental picture?

I have attached a picture (where the strongback is level) that I've used before to discuss some of these dynamics...and, as I look at my previous analysis, I note that although the 3ph may WANT to rise if strongback pitches down toward tractor, it can't (without lifting the tractor) because the 3ph doesn't float up, only down.

So permit me a correction ...it wants to lift (but can't) when the strongback is pitched down toward the tractor...still, the pressure is up in this case; in the other two cases it will lower or remain level, depending. This is all assuming no (no) rigid toplink; if the toplink is rigid, then the blade wants to fight the rigid toplink as described in the picture annotation ...which, in my case, I use a swinging link in the toplink connection.

but, I could be wrong. Let me know what your experiment reveals.

I am confused. In your second paragraph you state: " the 3ph doesn't float up only down." Then in your picture you state: "TPH arms (will "float" up, but not down!)

/ Anybody have a Land Pride RBT55 Grader Blade #22  
sorry, pic correct...it wants to raise the 3ph and can if it will float up. The point lost in my confusion is that as the blade digs and the tractor moves forward, the strongback-3ph wants to straighten/shorten. thnx for pointing out my inconcistency

/ Anybody have a Land Pride RBT55 Grader Blade #23  
Ok, here are my results. I would like to say that the rear blade boom (strongback) should normally be used with it being parallel to the ground. I did not make long passes, basically just enought to see how the boom reacted without any top link attached. With the boom level with the ground, zero movement up or down. I ended up lowering the boom to where I would consider the blade would never be used in that position and proceded forward. Again little or no upward or downward movement of the boom.

There is a short video attached. ;)

/ Anybody have a Land Pride RBT55 Grader Blade #24  
Having a hard time following this latest twist in the discussion or the point of it?:confused: At any given moment the weight of the rearblade or most any other implement will load the tractors hitch From zero to full weight when implement is lifted. Without down pressure on the 3PH it would be hard to imagine it any other way.:confused3:

/ Anybody have a Land Pride RBT55 Grader Blade #25  
Having a hard time following this latest twist in the discussion or the point of it?:confused: At any given moment the weight of the rearblade or most any other implement will load the tractors hitch From zero to full weight when implement is lifted. Without down pressure on the 3PH it would be hard to imagine it any other way.:confused3:

The point of the twist in the thread is to claify that an implement (rear blade in this case) does or does not pull up on the hitch when being pulled. :confused2: I had mentioned that my tractor weighed X amount + the pressure of the implement weight. JoeL4330 said that there was no weight pushing down, but actually pulled up on the rear of the tractor. I wanted to show that the implement DOES NOT roll backwards and pull up on the hitch. Actually just stays where it is put. Just another thread that has gone off course for no good reason. ;)

Hope that everyone has a nice Christmas day and a GREAT New Year. :thumbsup: