Anybody have any experience with Beshear's Tractor in Oxford, AL?

/ Anybody have any experience with Beshear's Tractor in Oxford, AL? #1  
Tractor
Kubota L3200HST with LA524 Loader, Quick Connect; Loaded R4 Tires
They made a better offer than Barlow's (probably cause there 3 hours closer to me). Before I say yes though, I thought I'd check in...

L3200 HST
QC Loader
LP RCR 1860 cutter
Lowery Box Blade
Loaded tires
Telescopic Stabilizers
Delivered (~3 hours one way)
Full Fuel tank
$19,000

With Lowery cutter instead of Land Pride - $18,600

Barlow's price was $19,270 with Land Pride RCR 1860 cutter but a 5' Taylor Way box blade instead of the Lowery BB.

Comments?

/ Anybody have any experience with Beshear's Tractor in Oxford, AL? #2  
I got my L4600 from them a few months ago ........ they were the 2nd best price I got withen 2 hours of Bham. Didnt go with the lowest priced one because of ineptness at that particular dealer.

When I started checking i got prices on 3200 3800 and 4600. The 3800 when I looked at it seemed like a lot more tractor and larger FEL than the 3200 and the price wasnt that much difference. I think the 3800 was like $23 a month more than the 3200.

So far ive found nothing wrong with mine. Im a mechanic by trade and went over it pretty well when it was delivered looking for anything loose or funny from the final dealer assembly.
I never went to the dealership, financing stuff was a 10 minute phone call , 20 minutes later return call of approval and a week later they delivered it.

I would choose the landpride over the lowery. My RCR2660 is very well built and smooth operating.

/ Anybody have any experience with Beshear's Tractor in Oxford, AL? #3  
When looking to upgrade from 3240 to a 5740, i drove up there twice. Both times, i meandered around the lobby for 10 to 15 minutes, then left. All salesmen were either on the phone or otherwise too occupied to help me, i guess. I left there and went to Capital in Montgomery and bought a tractor.

I have a friend that got the same treatment. He ended up buying a Mahindra. They may be great folks to deal with and I may have caught them at a bad time. But that was my experience.

/ Anybody have any experience with Beshear's Tractor in Oxford, AL? #4  
When looking to upgrade from 3240 to a 5740, i drove up there twice. Both times, i meandered around the lobby for 10 to 15 minutes, then left. All salesmen were either on the phone or otherwise too occupied to help me, i guess. I left there and went to Capital in Montgomery and bought a tractor.

I have a friend that got the same treatment. He ended up buying a Mahindra. They may be great folks to deal with and I may have caught them at a bad time. But that was my experience.

Exact opposite of me..... i spent almost a hour and a half at Capital and left with no more of a quote than I had when I showed up.
No one knew where either of the 2 salesmen were. 20 minutes after I arrived they got one of them on the phone to talk to me and it was basically leave name # and I will get back with ya asap.
40 minutes after I arrived the other one of them showed up and proceeded to help someone else who just walked in. 30 minutes later he was still propped up in a tractor outside talking.

I had also while wandering the lot found a used piece of equipment I wanted to purchase. 3 working days later the first salesman I left my name # for called me and quoted me the new tractor I wanted to buy, and said hed call back with a price on the used piece I wanted .... 24 hours later he calls back with price on the used piece I wanted. Told him let me get with my buddy and would call him back .... 30 minutes later i called him back and said id take them both.
he replied man Im sorry , i just found out they sold that used one yesterday afternoon.

So, I missed out on a deal on the used unit because it took them 4 working days from the time i stepped in the showroom and first asked about it to the time they finally got around to giving me a price on it and it was sold the afternoon prior.

id have bought both the new unit and the used one 4 days earlier when I stepped in the place IF someone had been able to give me a price or some customer service.

I wont step foot in there again or spend one dime with them.

From the first call to Beshears 30 minutes later everything was done..... quoted, agreed on price, financing info done and approved.

All the people at capital were nice, but it was a very "unprofessional" unorganized operation.

/ Anybody have any experience with Beshear's Tractor in Oxford, AL? #5  
Funny how it works, isn't it. I can go to one dealer and not get waited on, go to another and get great service. You can do the same, only with the dealers reversed. It's almost like you have to catch folks in the right mood, the mood to sell a tractor.

/ Anybody have any experience with Beshear's Tractor in Oxford, AL? #6  
I bought my B-26 from an individual but I have gotten all my service done at Beshear's, just the other day went by and got a price on a TL2141 valve kit and after shopping around if I decide to go that route they will do it, best price and nice people. Second joice would be Talladega Tractor, nice folks also.

/ Anybody have any experience with Beshear's Tractor in Oxford, AL? #7  
Up to the point where I needed service, I thought Beshears was probably one of the best Kubota dealers in the area. With a little ove 200 hours on the tractor, the voltage regulator went bad. It was diagnosed and repaired for a little over $200 including the new voltage regulator. A;though annoyed the part was defective with so lttle time on the machine, I accepted that as one of those things..
However, a couple of months later the same problem occurred. This time since I knew the cause of the problem I called and ordered a new VR and decided to chage it myself. When i went to pick up the part, I saw the owner in the lobby and asked if he could give me the part at a discount since his service department had just replaced it a few months earlier. He told me these regulators rarely go bad and I should have them diagnose the problem causing it to go bad so soon. I explained tha I really couldn't afford another $200 billl at that time and he volunteered to have his mechanic diagnose the problem at no charge. Completely satisfied with this public relations act on his part I left the tractor to be diagnosed along with my phone number. A couple of days later I got a voice message telling me my tractor was repaired and ready to be picked up. When I called back, the mechanic told me he had found a frayed wire and had repaired it with shrink wrap. Upon going in to pick up the tractor, i was presented with a bill of $197.00 I approached the owner expecting him to straighten out the bill since he said he was going to diagnose the problem for me at no charge. Instead of making any changes to the bill, he simply said, "I told you I would not charge you for diagnosing the problem and I didn't."
This made me really angry, especially since the repairs had been made without permission and because the labor charge was more than enough to diagnose and repair the problem. i also felt that the cause of the failure should have been diagnosed the first time around and a conciencious business owner would have taken that into consideration with the billing.
Because the owner refused to make any concessions whatsoever, I took him to small claims court. I lost in small claims for two main reasons; first I sued the owner in his personal capacity instead of his corporate capacity and when the mechanic swore under oath that he had called me and gotten my permission to make the repairs, I failed to call my wife to the stand as a witness to contradict him and verify the phone message we got said the tractor had already been repaired.
Having dealt with this this business whose employees have proved a complete lack of integrity, I would never recommend this business to anyone who expects honesty in his dealings with them.