Anybody like Bar-B-Que?

/ Anybody like Bar-B-Que? #1  

rstcso

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4310
I'm sitting here, reading the forum and eating some brisket from a bar-b-que place near where my land is located. I realized I can't eat all they can cook, so thought I'd share it with you. The name is Cooper's and it is rated one of the top bar-b-que places in the world, according to the "Barbecue! Bible" (our President GW will concur). They ship anywhere and we have sent gifts to many family members. If you order some and don't like it, send it to me, I'll eat it!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.coopersbbq.com/home.asp>http://www.coopersbbq.com/home.asp</A>

Disclaimer: I don't work for and am not related to anybody that works for/owns Cooper's.

Sorry, should have been posted on Off Topic & Just For Fun

/ Anybody like Bar-B-Que? #2  
BBQ? I personally like to subject BBQ to search and destroy missions. I search it out and destroy it by smashing it into a pulp and subjecting it to strong hydrochloric acid (in my stomach).

There is a BBQ place not too far off the interstate in El Paso Texas that is run by a dwarf. Don't anyone get upset, I don't recall the name of the place and my reference will serve to disambiguate the identification. They have superlative BBQ and they have a map on the wall to show where all they ship it. Pretty good coverage of the lower 48 and Alaska (don't recall about Hawaii).

In Ada Oklahoma I recommend Bob's BBQ and in Shawnee Van's Pig Stand or Rob's. Of couirse, there are many others in the area but these are a cut above.

Patrick

/ Anybody like Bar-B-Que? #3  
Well I learn things all the time on TBN !

I thought BBQ was a traditional Aussie thing.

We refer to BBQ as the device you cook on, or "having a BBQ" means to host a cook-up.

We don't have BBQ stores though ??

/ Anybody like Bar-B-Que? #4  
Hey down under! You implying that all the apparatus is home brewed and none is store bought?

G'Day

Patrick

/ Anybody like Bar-B-Que? #5  
When we speak of Bar-B-Que we may be speaking of the grill we cook outside on, just like you do, or we may be speaking of a restaurant that specializes in Barbecued meat.

Pay no attention to those guys from Texas. Barbecue to them is burnt meat with a little sauce on it. The best Barbecue in the world is found in my home town, Kansas City.

Well, that ought to start a war. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Anybody like Bar-B-Que? #6  
Well,

We have stores that sell the actual BBQ's eg. the cookers.

http://www.barbequesgalore.com.au/

But no stores (I should say shops - stores is another piece of lingo I am picking up from you) actually sell the BBQ'ed products eg. the cooked meat.

We often "have" a BBQ, meaning we have friends over and cook meat and drink beer, but we don't "buy" BBQ if you catch my drift.

/ Anybody like Bar-B-Que? #7  
I've got lunch planned today with 3 Aussies in from a supplier in Hong Kong. Last January, I had them in and ran out for BBQ. They came in and requested it. Unfortunately this place doesn't ship or deliver. They all say they have never had pork or chicken that tasted so good, meat falls off the bone. best BBQ in Cincinnati tri state area.

BBQ Review Madison Road, Cincinnati

/ Anybody like Bar-B-Que? #8  
<font color=blue>Pay no attention to those guys from Texas. Barbecue to them is burnt meat with a little sauce on it. The best Barbecue in the world is found in my home town, Kansas City.

Well, that ought to start a war.</font color=blue>

You're just a beggin' aren't you? I mean first you move the darn tractor just wrong so the wifey kapows the car and now you're gonna try to tick off the good guys......................

Actually Texas is king in bar b que.

Period.

Paragraph.

Page.

End of chapter, story, close the book.

/ Anybody like Bar-B-Que? #9  
I love the Coopers in Llano. I always eat the largest pork chop they have so I don't go there too often to keep from killing myself from over eating. Still of all the outstanding BBQ places around Central Texas, I like the Pok-E-Jo's in Round Rock best of all. I have tried what they call Bar-B-Que in places outside Texas but it seems obvious that the farther you get from Central Texas, the less they know about it - heck they don't even know how to spell it! What's this barbeque stuff???

/ Anybody like Bar-B-Que? #10  
I think there needs to be some clarification of what BBQ means to the different regions. There are very different methods and those that prefer one way usually scoff at the other...

There's the gas BBQ, basically just a grill - not too flavourful but quick and is most popular here in Quebec.

Hibachi - charcoal (store-bought) briquets heated until grey. Prefered by campers for portability. Pretty good flavour, too.

Italian style. Usually home made charcoal (chestnut) used to cook in a large cement/brick/stone oven.

And there's the thing that they do down south. I won't pretend to know anything about it. I've seen some examples on TNN and seem to recall that it can take up to 8 hours.

Can we get some more examples here? Or maybe correct/elaborate on mine? It's a great subject.