Chipper Anybody using a Liberty Chipper?

/ Anybody using a Liberty Chipper? #11  
lil_country said:
I've been looking at chippers online, and came across Liberty Chippers; Wood Chippers - Liberty Implements
It looks very impressive for the price. Does anyone know anything about them?
LOL, you just like the girl on the web site.

/ Anybody using a Liberty Chipper? #12  
I thought I might have to look at the chipper. Nice little video, but I think the operator must have been watching the girl also. Did you notice the pto safety shield chain? JC

/ Anybody using a Liberty Chipper? #13  
I found this yesterday..
Fire up google.
Type in Jinma Wood chipper and see what pops up as the first hit.
Not sure how this happens but it's weird.

Wedge

/ Anybody using a Liberty Chipper? #14  
Can anyone spell IRONY?

An American company rips off a Chinese item with a lookalike counterfeit. Not a real Jinma, but a 95% copy. I'm not defending Liberty, by no means. Their lack of advertising ethics puts them in the same scum bucket of people just like the Chinese counterfeiters who must now number in the millions.

I love my REAL Jinma chipper.

/ Anybody using a Liberty Chipper?
I guess they thought the cute chick would distract everyone from figuring them out.

/ Anybody using a Liberty Chipper? #16  
wedge40 said:
I found this yesterday..
Fire up google.
Type in Jinma Wood chipper and see what pops up as the first hit.
Not sure how this happens but it's weird.

Wedge

It is a Sponsored Link...;)

/ Anybody using a Liberty Chipper? #17  
I have the chipper from KPX/Liberty. I know that there is some site that claims that this is an improved version of the jinma, but I think it's BS.

I'm new here. I found this place after I ordered the chipper.
If I had it to do over again, I'd order the Jinma from one of the venders that frequent this site. I believe their customer service will far exceed KPX/Liberty, or they wouldn't be here. Dealing with KPX/Liberty has been one of the worst internet purchase nightmares of my life. Screwed up ordering and screwed up billing. I ended up filing fraudulent charge claims against them and having to cancel my CC. It was a major PITA. The saleman that out and out will lie. Not only the "I'll call you or I'll e-mail you when xxxx" (and I had a bunch of those), but he actually told me that when it's delivered you just hook it to your tractor. So I show up at the truck ready to put it on the 3pt hitch! Not so! It came in the very same crate you'll see for the Jinma's. Not to mention it took 8 weeks to get.

As far as the chipper goes, I guess you get what you pay for.
There we're some parts welded on incorectly, so I had to add some holed to mount the base. You might as well plan on going over the whole thing before ever using it. My bottom shaft was poorly aligned and lots of un-tightened bolts. No use running the guard over the feed mechanism, as the coupling shaft pops off occasionally.
The feed mechanism works fair, you'll have to do some manual stuffing, but it does do the job. I generated about a cubic yard of chips this weekend in about an hour from saplings, limbs and vines. I felt a lot better about my purchase after finding this place and knowing that the chipper can work well and that it is not a complete piece of junk.
I've got about 4 acres of underbrush to clean out and grind. After that I'll just be using for limbs and such, so I feel it will pay for itself and meet my needs pretty well.

Overall, I'm glad I have it, but I'll never buy anything from KPX/Liberty again!

/ Anybody using a Liberty Chipper? #18  
What I find funny is that the loading chute is on upside down in the video with the chick!

If you search you will find her website that is nothing more than an ad lock site which allows them to get more hits via the web.

John Deere Tractors, Wood Chippers, and Backhoes
sarahwoodchipper's Channel

Good times. I called them before, but the sales guy was pushy and really wasn't 100% with their site. They had some questionable eithics when it came to some of the graphics (they have since fixed this since I pointed it out.)

I would like to hear from someone who has actually bought one vs. just the outside opinion of them.

Matt

/ Anybody using a Liberty Chipper? #19  
Don't waste your time with Liberty. Ranch Hand Supply in the east and Affordable in Texas are both very reputable and helpful. There are lots of posts regarding this machine and dealers around TBN.

The chipper works fine for an individual. I don't think it would survive constant commercial use for very long, but it is a good value for the money and can be resold easily enough. The one mod I find to be indispensible is making the feed roll lift foot operated.

I saw a used 6" Valby go for 2500 subsequently and a friend found a used Salsco (4''- 6" or so) for 2k. Both are nicer machines that allow easier and greater adjustment of discharge chute.

/ Anybody using a Liberty Chipper? #20  
SuprDuprMn said:
I would like to hear from someone who has actually bought one vs. just the outside opinion of them.

Matt

Look one post above yours!

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

4x4 Deer Blind (A33548)
4x4 Deer Blind...
4 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
4 Yard steel end...
Gradall XL4100 Truck Mounted Excavator (A33548)
Gradall XL4100...
Unused Diesel Fuel Pump w/Meter, (A33079)
Unused Diesel Fuel...
Test Bid (A33391)
Test Bid (A33391)
Magnum Pro Comp Industrial Lift (A34007)
Magnum Pro Comp...