Anyon add a 3rd function to a Ford/NH 3930 or similar?

/ Anyon add a 3rd function to a Ford/NH 3930 or similar? #1  

Happy Gilmore

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 5610 Ford 4630 Ford 3930 MFWD w/ 7310 loader Ford 3930 Kubota BX1500 Kubota RTV 900XT Kubota F2680E 72"RD Ford 4610 Kubota KX121-3
I'm looking to add a 3rd function valve to my 3930 with 7310 loader for a grapple. Anyone install one. WR Long said they don't make a kit for it. Any ideas?

/ Anyon add a 3rd function to a Ford/NH 3930 or similar? #2  
I'm looking to add a 3rd function valve to my 3930 with 7310 loader for a grapple. Anyone install one. WR Long said they don't make a kit for it. Any ideas?

Contact me using the link in the signature, diverter 3rd function at $649 or true 3rd function a $684 shipped to your door (the true 3rd function will change if you have the larger 12.8 GPM hydraulic pump.) ;)

/ Anyon add a 3rd function to a Ford/NH 3930 or similar?
Contact me using the link in the signature, diverter 3rd function at $649 or true 3rd function a $684 shipped to your door (the true 3rd function will change if you have the larger 12.8 GPM hydraulic pump.) ;)

Are you familiar with the 3930 and 7310 hydraulics?

/ Anyon add a 3rd function to a Ford/NH 3930 or similar? #4  
Are you familiar with the 3930 and 7310 hydraulics?

Not really, but it had an open center system with a closed center system as an option. Which do you have? What type of 3rd function system do you want? :confused:

Not really, but it had an open center system with a closed center system as an option. Which do you have? What type of 3rd function system do you want? :confused:
I'm not sure if it's an open or closed center. How do I tell? I'd like a true 3rd function, electric over hydraulic.

/ Anyon add a 3rd function to a Ford/NH 3930 or similar? #6  
I'm not sure if it's an open or closed center. How do I tell? I'd like a true 3rd function, electric over hydraulic.

I'm not sure how to determine what type of system you have other that I am pretty sure that if your loader valve has 7 lines you have an open center type system.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want a true 3rd function system? Unless you are using a 4n1 bucket, why do you need to be able to use 3 separate functions at one time? :confused:

I'm not sure how to determine what type of system you have other that I am pretty sure that if your loader valve has 7 lines you have an open center type system. If you don't mind me asking, why do you want a true 3rd function system? Unless you are using a 4n1 bucket, why do you need to be able to use 3 separate functions at one time? :confused:

If I'm able to do it, id just like a third function. I understand the concept of a diverter and also plugging into the rear remotes to control the grapple as a last resort.

/ Anyon add a 3rd function to a Ford/NH 3930 or similar? #8  
If I'm able to do it, id just like a third function. I understand the concept of a diverter and also plugging into the rear remotes to control the grapple as a last resort.

What ever you want, makes no difference to me. Figure out what type of system you have and we can go from there. Do need to know what type and the GPM to get you an accurate cost.

Anyone done something similar to a Ford/NH as far as adding a 3rd function?

/ Anyon add a 3rd function to a Ford/NH 3930 or similar? #10  
Yes. Fasse has a 4 port electric diverter valve that splits an existing function (bucket circuit) for 3rd function capability. Kit comes with a weather resistant momentary switch and the valve defaults to normal function in the absence of power from the switch. Have sold 2 and designed the installation of one of those on a 4610. With proper attention to detail the kit makes a nice installation.