Anyone else getting sick of all this rain?

/ Anyone else getting sick of all this rain? #1  

Johnny_B

Silver Member
Tractor
MF GC2410 TLB w/ 60" MMM

It is driving me nuts :confused2: and the "honey do" list is growing and growing and growing b/c evertime the sun is out I'm cutting the grass, then the rain conveniently moves in when it's time to move on to the next project.

I guess it could be much worse, at least my land isn't flooded like all those poor souls along the Mississippi.

/ Anyone else getting sick of all this rain? #2  
Yup, right there with you just a bit further North. We're only in year two of our new house and there is a lot of landscaping to be completed but weather has everything delayed. I have hardly used my tractor due to the ruts it makes as the ground is so soft. What is troublesome is that it will take at least two weeks to dry out properly. Like you say though, we are luckier than those who are suffering much worse, floods or fires.

/ Anyone else getting sick of all this rain? #3  

It is driving me nuts :confused2: and the "honey do" list is growing and growing and growing b/c evertime the sun is out I'm cutting the grass, then the rain conveniently moves in when it's time to move on to the next project.

I guess it could be much worse, at least my land isn't flooded like all those poor souls along the Mississippi.

I would normally say no, since I'm a restoration and waterproofing contractor, most of my work is derived from nasty weather. But the phone isn't even ringing after 3 inches of rain, so I'm getting pretty bummed out. Haven't seen the sun in days, and it's supposed to be like this for at least thru the weekend :(

JB.

/ Anyone else getting sick of all this rain? #4  
Just enough respites from the rain to walk the dogs, lol. Started redoing some interlocking stones last week and thats about it, got it started. The grass dose love it though. We refer to a break in the clouds as a sucker hole and I believe there is one out there now better go grab the leashes:laughing:

/ Anyone else getting sick of all this rain? #5  
Rain coming in handy so for...keeping black flies at bay,streams/brooks are full,not bad for stacking fire wood :) but soon the 3 H's shall be arriving...Hot,Hazy,Humid.

/ Anyone else getting sick of all this rain? #7  
Well, the least you guys could do is share some of your rain. Here in east Texas, we are in drought conditions. Have 1" wide cracks in the clay. I have a huge (and growing) brush pile that I need to burn and we are under a burn ban. Anybody know how to do an Indian rain dance? Is it anything like the Texas Two-step or the Cotton Eyed Joe?

/ Anyone else getting sick of all this rain? #8  
What I'm sick of is the guy that pops up to say, 'We need the rain for my strawberries!'.

/ Anyone else getting sick of all this rain? #9  
I just hope it doesn't turn out like the summer 3 years ago --of course, when wife & I took a small camper to New Brunswick for 2-1/2 weeks-- when it rained for three+ days at a time, with a one or two-day break every so often. Most weekends were a complete washout!

Right now it's coming down pretty hard-- so much for the "partly sunny Thursday" weather people were talking about earlier this week!:(