Anyone experienced with Chicken House Trusses?

/ Anyone experienced with Chicken House Trusses? #11  
Some pics of the aforementioned chicken house pole barn.

jcliburn,

Yo Fellow Bulbblehead! I was an ET2/ss on the USS Bluefish SSN 675, where were you?

NICE pole Barn sir!

Be well,

David

/ Anyone experienced with Chicken House Trusses? #13  
jcliburn,

Yo Fellow Bulbblehead! I was an ET2/ss on the USS Bluefish SSN 675, where were you?
Greetings fellow Steely-eyed Killer of the Deep! DS1(ss), USS Guardfish (SSN-612) and USS Richard B. Russell (SSN-687). Retired LCDR (USNR Engineering Duty).

NICE pole Barn sir!
Thanks! It works well, and the price was right!

Jay

/ Anyone experienced with Chicken House Trusses? #14  
:laughing: Steely-eyed killer of the deep!

:laughing: You're killin' me!

:thumbsup: MM1 SS SSBN 656 George Washington Carver and SSBN 645 James K Polk.

/ Anyone experienced with Chicken House Trusses? #16  
MikeD74T said:
Not trying to hijack, but EN2SS USS Tang SS-563 DBF . MikeD74T

DBF indeed. (And an Engineman, no less...) You have my deepest respect, friend.

Jay

/ Anyone experienced with Chicken House Trusses? #17  
   / Anyone experienced with Chicken House Trusses? #18  

Attachments

• IMG_3270.JPG
    IMG_3270.JPG
    607 KB · Views: 1,999
   / Anyone experienced with Chicken House Trusses? #19  
Thread has some age to it but what's with all the bubbleheads building chicken house truss shops??? Lol. I'm looking into this right now. Any advice you could provide would be great. Probably looking at a 40x80 using metal web trusses with a 10 or 12 ft side wall. Gotta get an RV in there easily. Let me know how you popped the walls up. Thanks.

TM2/SS USS Pargo SSN 650

/ Anyone experienced with Chicken House Trusses? #20  
Thread has some age to it but what's with all the bubbleheads building chicken house truss shops??? Lol. I'm looking into this right now. Any advice you could provide would be great. Probably looking at a 40x80 using metal web trusses with a 10 or 12 ft side wall. Gotta get an RV in there easily. Let me know how you popped the walls up. Thanks.

TM2/SS USS Pargo SSN 650

Depends upon the type of truss legs you have. My truss legs had a flange at the bottom, so I set j-bolts into my concrete piers and just bolted the trusses to the piers -- but i didn't need the elevation you need.

My dad's trusses didn't have flanges at the bottom, AND he needed elevation, so he erected 12-foot 6x6 treated posts and bolted the truss legs to the posts. He torched 3 bolt holes in each truss leg and drilled through the posts to bolt the trusses to the posts. I have some pics of his setup of you're interested.

Jay