anyone got a similiar set up?

/ anyone got a similiar set up?
Maybe there's some confusion... for both of us!

If he has the 3rd rear-mounted SCV - in your words - a "true rear SCV". AND then installs an electric diverter - which utilizes the hyd circuit of the 3rd rear-mounted SCV - by diverting that hyd flow to the 3rd SCV FRONT loader function; grapple, etc. when required; he won't have to operate a "handle" or even toggle the switch more than once. (Unless he has a rear mounted hyd cylinder connected to the rear SCV.)

Never have to leave the steering wheel, never have to drop your hand from the joystick - AND - he'd never have to toggle between curl and grapple or back and forth numerous times between curl and grapple while loading debris or bales.

Click - front grapple. Click - rear SCV. It's that easy. Curl always works; and you don't have to worry about whether the curl is gonna twist back or the grapple is gonna close. 'Cause if you're like me... I routinely would forget when the curl is on or the grapple is on! And in the heat of working a pile of tree limbs or a pod of square bales; I get curl when I wanted grapple!

AKfish

YES AKfish.. the last part of your description is exactly how i want this to function ....click front grapple... click rear scv.... using a diverter controlled by the electric switch, i also specified that i wanted the loader control knob with the rocker style thumb buttons to control the grapple... I knew what i wanted to be able to do withthe machine just could not describe what the basic configuration had to be... Thank you very much! I feel i can now sit down with the dealer and we can all get on the same page.... once again thanks... lots of valuable info throughout this whole thread.. thanks people :)

Dave

/ anyone got a similiar set up? #12  
I think it's better to run the 3rd function for the loader off the rear outlet. I have a 4 in 1 bucket and need to use the curl at the same time as the bucket close to pick things up. Yes I do take my hands off the stearing wheel but I am sitting still or just rocking back and forth licking stuff up. For my top and tilt I added another valve to the power beyond line with two more sets of outlets.

Dan

/ anyone got a similiar set up? #13  
I think some are missing the point of the joystick arrangement. As AKfish eluded to the rocker switch on the fel joystick can control an electric over hydraulic valve and further its place on the tractor could be anywhere. It is more user freindly if it does not interrupt use of the curl circuit, so that these can both be used simultaneously. Using the selector switch to choose either the fel auxillary circuit or the rear outlet and the rocker switch to control the electric valves direction is the more ergonomic approach.

Why Deere doesn't offer a three spool diverter setup on the tractors similar to the 110tlb has always been my question. Having three front circuits and three rear circuits makes the 110 very useful and flexible. It should be available on a 4x20 tractor too.

/ anyone got a similiar set up? #14  
AKfish,

You are right I used a poor descripton and it caused more confussion.

Dave,

I don't think what you are looking for is possible unless there is something new and different on the 2011 tractors.

Your loader joystick controls 2 valves the lift circuit and curl curcuit, if you use an electric diverter on one of those the joystick can control the 3rd function but you can only have 2 of the 3 functions available at a time. With a diverter on the curl you have lift and curl or lift and grapple.

If you have the true 3rd SCV on the rear it will have its own control lever. You can put an electric diverter on it to control both the 3rd function up front and a rear function. But you will have to use its control lever to regulate the flow thru the SCV, you will be able to use the 3rd function at the same time as either or both of the joystick functions if the hydraulics are up to it.

I agree a 3 spool valve would be the best idea but JD hasn't seen the light yet.

I hope this helps some.

I know having the loader be able to do three functions at once is possible there is an extra hydraulic circuit required and the loader joystick gets a new grip.. the grip is part of what deere calls electrohydraulic thrid function.. (you can get aftermarket versions too from (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure) for example... the part i don't understand is exactly how the tractors hydraulics are modified ( ie .. the plumbing) in order to make it work especially with have a set of service couplers on the back...maybe the third function is a dedicated scv and the rear remotes are a fourth.. i don't know.. I would be okay with the 3rd circuit being able to serve the thrid loader function and the the rear remote if there is a convienent way to switch between the two... ie a valve with manual level or another electric over hydraulic solenoid and valve.. the Canadian long weekend is over now.. and i'll be sitting down ( once again) with dealer this week to ensure that the machine gets configured as i need it... I have a feeling they will accomodate my needs.. ( cause its gonna plug up their little shop until it does.. lol)

/ anyone got a similiar set up? #16  
Sounds like what he wanted/expected was a three function loader valve. Joystick operating boom and bucket, and electric switch in the joystick controling the third valve.
The third valve being part of the loader valve, NOT a rear SCV.

I don't know if this is an option for that series JD, but if not, the salesman should have known, and explained what he could get instead. I know you can get a 3 function loader valve on bigger series JDs.

Yes That is what i wanted turns out my machine doesn't have the neccessary 3 spool valve and the dealer should've have known, but they have admitted their error and going to install à power beyond kit and run s the electric/hydraulic set up using that hydraulic loop which should work fine. I hope. If so i'd be happy with that. I'll keep you posted.

Sounds like what he wanted/expected was a three function loader valve. Joystick operating boom and bucket, and electric switch in the joystick controling the third valve.
The third valve being part of the loader valve, NOT a rear SCV.

I don't know if this is an option for that series JD, but if not, the salesman should have known, and explained what he could get instead. I know you can get a 3 function loader valve on bigger series JDs.
U

/ anyone got a similiar set up? #18  
Have you gotten this resolved? If so how did they do it. I have been shopping and comparing tractors for a few months now. Trying to decide which one is the right one. (too many options):confused2:. Anyway, I think the 4105 is what I will probably purchase. I would like the 3rd function for the loader as well. In the Deere online brochure it states "Electro-hydraulic SCV makes grapple work effortless.(4105)". I would assume there is a factory option that should do exactly what you want done.

Have you gotten this resolved? If so how did they do it. I have been shopping and comparing tractors for a few months now. Trying to decide which one is the right one. (too many options):confused2:. Anyway, I think the 4105 is what I will probably purchase. I would like the 3rd function for the loader as well. In the Deere online brochure it states "Electro-hydraulic SCV makes grapple work effortless.(4105)". I would assume there is a factory option that should do exactly what you want done.

So to answer you question, have you gotten this resolved the answer is " I think so".. the dealer told me this morning that the shop is doing up the final finishing touches and it should be floated over sometime this week. Make sure you explain clearly how you would like your third function to work.. depending on how you want it configured and what else you want on it changes what components must be purchased, you may need a power beyond kit if you want to have rear scv that are not intended for you third function up front for example... i'll say no more than this right now.. and offer the full debreifing upon delivery here if I'm happy with it.