Anyone Grow Warty Pumpkins

/ Anyone Grow Warty Pumpkins #1  

Luremaker

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130HST & NH TC18
Anyone grow warty pumpkins like the one in this picture? I have a few warty ones but the warts are all the same color as the skin.

pumpkin-bunchowarts.jpg

/ Anyone Grow Warty Pumpkins #2  
Is this your photo?? Reason I ask is the Sharpie in front... and the non-colored warts to the left side of the pumpkin... were you "simulating" one or was that suppose to be one? :confused:

/ Anyone Grow Warty Pumpkins #3  
I did last year, "red warty thing" was the name of the seed. They were a dark red and bumpy, same color as the pumpkin/gourd. Unfortunately this year everything was flooded out, had very few pumpkins that made it and none of the "specialty" pumpkins I planted survived.

/ Anyone Grow Warty Pumpkins
Is this your photo?? Reason I ask is the Sharpie in front... and the non-colored warts to the left side of the pumpkin... were you "simulating" one or was that suppose to be one? :confused:

Actually that is a photo I found on-line. That may explain the color of the warts. I missed that and assumed the warts were colored but you might be right and all the warts may actually be orange just like mine. I'll have to take a photo of mine for comparison.