Buying Advice Anyone had expeirence with a pull type box blade?

/ Anyone had expeirence with a pull type box blade?
This past Saturday really put tractor and box blade to the test. Ran it for about four hours moving dirt on pond sides. Was very pleased with it. It was faster than loading, hauling and dumping dirt for a berm we were making a distance of 50 to 250 feet and one of the best things was the general grading as we were putting dirt in place. Had been loading and hauling for any distance in hyd dump trailer. Big update in on my JD tractor with the blade, it is a model 5525 with I think about 91 hp engine and something in the 70 range pto and pull hp and four wheel drive it is four wheel drive. It has 3 range and 4 speed transmission and most of the time had no problem filling the box with a run across the dirt we were moving. I found in mid range and second gear I had to be at full rpm before dropping the blade for full engagement or had to drop a gear or the engine would stall. But in mid range 2nd gear it pulled it fine but was all it wanted. Drop one gear and it was much easier but a good bit slower ground speed. One other point really confirmed from my first try you will be using the hyd lift to leave the dirt where you want it spread much like a 3 pth blade but easier to do so. Trying to be clear if you are building up a long run you have to keep lifting the box blade and or lowering it depending on the dirt and how well it flows. kt

/ Anyone had expeirence with a pull type box blade? #42  
I am looking at buying a 10 foot pull type box blade right now for grading around a pond and some other grading work. The one I have decided on has the tilt with raising one wheel option. It is a Lowery or LMC blade and do not think built in the US. Again it is 10 foot with 24 inch sides and blade at weight of about 1,600 pounds. Probably will pull with four wheel drive tractor of about 90 hp. Looking for experience, thoughts or recommendations. thank you.

I have scan I think four pages of search for this topic and only thing I found was the box blade that was modified to be pull box blade. Surprised me. kt

Why would think that? Boaz, AL. I have one of their HD 6' box blades. That thing will outlast me and the tractor it's on.

Box Blades

/ Anyone had expeirence with a pull type box blade?
Why would think that? Boaz, AL. I have one of their HD 6' box blades. That thing will outlast me and the tractor it's on.

Box Blades[/QU

The price was one reason but there was a comment made to me about it compared to a brand made in Mexico that the made in Mexico was heavier blade so I thought China. There is nothing on it to indicate where it is built. Then there is this on their web site:
"Lowery Manufacturing has grown from its humble beginning to now offering more agricultural items than any other manufacturer in the Southeast and is currently among the largest importer of agricultural parts in the nation. They build over 200 types of farm equipment and import parts from 6 foreign countries."

I do not care if they built the blade I bought totally out of all USA parts or if they built it out of totally imported parts or imported it already totally built, would buy it again and really like it. But it is not as heavy as the ones I knew for certain were USA built and not near as costly. kt

/ Anyone had expeirence with a pull type box blade? #44  
Just FYI -- trekked over to LMC's manufacturing and retail locations a couple times. LMC does produce most implements and trailers in Boaz, AL with a few exceptions (off hand: tillers, flails, etc.) that are/were imported from Italy and India. The owner Sonny is a good ole hands on kinda guy when it comes to customer service and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend LMC at all.

Some inlaws have run their implements with good durability over the past decade, and the combination of cost and quality will likely be earning my business in near future. As a bonus, they offered to paint in any color no extra charge.