Anyone have a gas well on their property?

/ Anyone have a gas well on their property? #11  
Probaly talking about running a plunger in well but as said swabbing it back would be the best. Also if doesn't have a packer on backside they could run stainless line from casing to tubing shut well in and let the backside pressure push fluid back into zone (if casing has more pressure) then kick it on next day unload to prduction tank. As said before just matter how much time the pumper wonts to spend with well.

/ Anyone have a gas well on their property? #12  
Listen to member "foreman Etexas ." A good well tender knows so much more about the wells and how good or bad they really are than the company. We've been lucky and have had good well tenders over the years. I help them out any chance I get. Have some real oily clothes from it, but well worth it.

/ Anyone have a gas well on their property? #13  
Just a thought. Start with the premise that well operators generally hate to have a domestic tap into their systems. Could it be that the well operator consented to your tap knowing you were going to spend a lot of money and not get a reliable supply of gas? The benefit to the operator is that he has made an example out of your situation to discourage all the neighbors from doing the same.

/ Anyone have a gas well on their property? #14  
The first winter we had our gas hooked up we had the same problem. Only happened in cold weather and has not happened since (4 years now) I'd say it happened around 7 or 8 times that first winter. Fairly annoying having to reset the regulator and I was worried that it would continue.
Never did figure out the reason behind it, but since it stopped after that first winter I guess I just attributed it to the new installation (maybe some moisture or condensation in the lines). I agree that you should check your pressure at the source, we are at about 100lbs here and have seperator before the run to the house.

I really don't know that the well operators "hate " having a dwelling supplied from the well head, but I do know that they are very concerned about liability and have always made it very clear through written correspondence.

/ Anyone have a gas well on their property? #15  
The first winter we had our gas hooked up we had the same problem. Only happened in cold weather and has not happened since (4 years now) I'd say it happened around 7 or 8 times that first winter. Fairly annoying having to reset the regulator and I was worried that it would continue.
Never did figure out the reason behind it, but since it stopped after that first winter I guess I just attributed it to the new installation (maybe some moisture or condensation in the lines). I agree that you should check your pressure at the source, we are at about 100lbs here and have seperator before the run to the house.

I really don't know that the well operators "hate " having a dwelling supplied from the well head, but I do know that they are very concerned about liability and have always made it very clear through written correspondence.[/QUOTE

Maybe its not a hate but when the operator knows now,someone is depending on it to heat there house he has more responsiblity to get it back going ASAP. I run 76wells a day and some lower producers get put aside for the better ones,its just gotta be that way having so many to over look,and its not just riding around in pickup we do almost everything,unlike some. I couldn't get to all them if just driving and not doing any work to them,luckly some don't need much attention. Just an example they may only checked it twice a week now would need to check it daily. We also have two wells on farm,different company from what I work and I never see them there,I find stuff when out feeding cows have to call pumper and tell him he might wonna come check this well. Just like every business you have some good ones and some that do enough just to get a check. A seperator will get your water out but if you have wet gas need a dehy to get your dew point% down.

/ Anyone have a gas well on their property? #16  
Me and the other pumper run 156wells no 2 are the same... Only one I would trust to heat house

/ Anyone have a gas well on their property? #17  
Me and the other pumper run 156wells no 2 are the same... Only one I would trust to heat house

Don't get me wrong, if our gas went out I would be concerned, and would hope that the well operating company responded sooner rather than later. However I sure don't have any false hopes, and realize that if it were to happen I might be without for a while. Every year we get a letter reminding us that "things" can happen and that we should have a backup source to cover in case of an outage.
Our gas has been run to the house since 2007 and the only trouble we had was the first winter. Keeping our fingers crossed if it does fail it will be in the summer:laughing:

/ Anyone have a gas well on their property?
Thank you everyone for your replies. We decided to just cut our losses and we are getting a propane tank delivered next week.

/ Anyone have a gas well on their property? #19  
Thank you everyone for your replies. We decided to just cut our losses and we are getting a propane tank delivered next week.
Hate that it didn't work out but now you won't have that headache to deal with losing gas when you really need it. Maybe they will work on it in the future and make it better,then you can use it and always have backup propane...

/ Anyone have a gas well on their property? #20  
I wouldn't completely cut your loses. The well might be a viable supplement to your base heat supply. There is also no incentive in the gas market now to look after a "negative-income well" If it produces a mcf a day and lots of water. What incentive does the company have to put a ton of money into a well that might make a few hundred dollars a month? I would almost certainly bet that the well is loaded up with water and has not been looked after very well due to the deep gas wells being a top priority and a much bigger money maker. The company who owns the well has no financial interest to make sure you house gets gas from that well.

You may find out that you can buy the well and have it worked over for a reasonable chunk of change and you could have a long producing well. That is going to require some knowledge however. Just some thoughts. I wouldn't think trying to refracturing that well would make any sense at all. That is way to expensive to be justified by a home owner.