Anyone have a review or feedback or price for a Tomahawk 72" HD Grapple

/ Anyone have a review or feedback or price for a Tomahawk 72" HD Grapple #11  
MY review of tomahawk grapple. I called Eric at tomahawk (he seems to always answer the phone and handle direct sales, questions, and customer service). First I'll say Eric is very good to talk to and will answer any questions. I called him about the single lid 66. He pointed out that grapple did not have greasable pins and suggested if Heavy use then I should look to upgrade the bolts to greaseable pins at some point. He said straight up it was a cost saving issue. He then pointed out the other models did have greasable pins. He also suggested the dual lid over the single lid. It was only $200 more on what already seemed a cheap price so I was in. For only a couple bucks more there was the 72" HD made with 1/2 Steel. Having been told by some other maufacturers that I didn't want their smaller light weight grapples and needed their bigger models I made the leap to the HD 72". This was Tuesday 2pm Eric said he would try to get it out that day but did not think he would catch the shipping company in time so likely it would go out Wednesday (I wasn't pushing for Tuesday so I thought it was nice that he offered). It went out Wednesday through old dominion and was sitting in the nearby dock Thursday waiting on delivery. Old dominion called me Thursday, and scheduled a delivery time for Friday. Driver called me Friday morning and verified delivery arrived on time in my driveway and we unloaded it.

HD is heavy duty. 1/2 steel is thicker than most of the parts on my loader. Best I can tell it's all made from the same thick steel. HD might be overkill for my 50HP tractor. Erik suggested when I was ordering the model down. Not sure what happened to me but some kind of tool frenzy kicked in. Does what I've needed thus far picks up big trees, digs brush and roots up, I've used it pretty good for the last 2weeks. I think the opening is 34" wide. Other than wearing some paint off the tips it shows no sign of bending or breaking.

IMG_7893.JPG
IMG_7895.JPGIMG_7896.JPGIMG_7894.JPG

Last edited: