Anyone have a solar generator?

/ Anyone have a solar generator? #11  
I feel sorry for people that have no concept of electrical loads. And then get dupped into solar power. Historically, (around here in the North) they then have to go out and buy more panels, and later a generator.

& you're up there in the land of giant turbines just everywhere.
As a side note, what's really funny is when one of those turbines explodes (Catches Fire)for lack of maintenance or old age.

/ Anyone have a solar generator? #12  
A lot of people did very well by those. Just not the Taxpayers. Or adjacent landowners.

/ Anyone have a solar generator? #13  
Check out Tesla Powerwalls. 13.2kwh/battery, 5kw sustained output, 7kw surge. They can be charged either by solar or by a generator.

When I looked at the Tesla Power wall a few years ago, they specifically said that one should not charge it with a generator. Hopefully, that has changed. If I remember right, the did not want the battery charged off the grid either.

Later,
Dan

/ Anyone have a solar generator? #14  
I have a blueeddi 2400 watt solar generator. It's fantastic.

I use it at my cabin. I have done the entire progression thing when it comes to power.

Have a Kubota 7000 diesel gen set that I used for years and built the cabin with it. Eventually it was just too much for my power needs.
Then I went to a Honda 2000i and love it. Still use it and have it for a back up. The problem is, I need to run it to have lights. If I run into the cabin to grab something, I am looking for stuff in partial darkness.
So I one day this blueeddi review hit my Youtube recommendations. So I watched it and bought on.

It's got a huge lithium ion battery. It is all idiot proof. It provides both DC and AC. I can charge either via a 100 watt solar panel or plug it into the generator, and they made it simple plug and play with an internal MPPT controller. I can run all cabin lights and other AC devices for days on one charge. I can charge and use the thing at the same time. I can run into the cabin, turn on a light and not have to start the generator. I don't have to go out at night to turn off the generator. I can leave it at the cabin at it's hardly drained when I get back up there.

I love it. I know it's pricey. But so worth it.

61SA3ZzGKWL._AC_SL1100_720x.jpg

/ Anyone have a solar generator? #15  
Don't know how it works in the US but here if the power from the grid fails the solar stops too, the inverter uses the grid as a reference to get the ac running the same and is also a safety feature so you don't fry linesmen who have cut the power to undertake maintenance work.

/ Anyone have a solar generator? #16  
Don't know how it works in the US but here if the power from the grid fails the solar stops too, the inverter uses the grid as a reference to get the ac running the same and is also a safety feature so you don't fry linesmen who have cut the power to undertake maintenance work.

Does australia know about automatic transfer switches.

They're pretty neat.

/ Anyone have a solar generator? #18  
Does australia know about automatic transfer switches.

They're pretty neat.

I am not an electrician but I know the system at my old place had micro inverters so it would not reduce output dramatically when a couple of panels were in the shade, I have not heard of auto transfer switches but given that my profession is medical I think I can be forgiven, if you care to enlighten me.

/ Anyone have a solar generator? #19  
   / Anyone have a solar generator? #20  
I didn't know that was what it was called, yes, we had one at the last facility I was working at with a big noisy diesel generator, the neighbours often complained when there was a power failure at night, it also alerted senior staff via sms of a failure.