Anyone have "Decra metal shingles" on their home?

/ Anyone have "Decra metal shingles" on their home? #11  
Well my apologies to you for i never looked to see where you were located first. We had a problem with the granuals staying on them, but we also had batches of shingles from different manafactorers do the same. From what i gathered the guys didnt like the way they cut, guess cause they lost so many granuals. There was also so many trim pieces compared to a normal metal roof, could be that some contractors on our side of the country dont take change to well. I can see it in siding sales. From vinal to LP smart lap, its been a hard road but their starting to like it . . . .By the way , nice choice in tractors. We had a old 39 H converted to rubber. The tractor was really nice but dad sold it for a really hugh amount of money . . .John

/ Anyone have "Decra metal shingles" on their home? #12  
As a Major building material Distributator in the North East, we sold Decra metal shingles for about 2 years, About 4 jobs were sold which i delivered. I believe i went out and picked up 3 out of the 4 jobs and replaced them with either asphalt or a metel roof panel. Customers said they looked "fake" or "junky" We scraped our entire inventory. I personally am sold on asphalt. You can get a "lifetime warantee" and very "high wind rating" now a days and besides asphalt is very easy to install your self and it cuts nicely too. Each year we move probably 200,000 square of asphalt shingles alone. One job was 2800 square so they cant be all that bad. Now remember this is my opinion . . . .John

I couldn't agree with you more. I also hear the warranty is not honored with the Manufacturer of Decra.

Just some additional information to consider before making the mistake of installing Decra:
Decra has the worst customer service and staff. Steer clear if you expect any follow up. They are an overpriced system especially for anyone that is not located near any of their warehouses (ex. California or Texas); for some reason even if you are closer to Texas, they will ship from California, not sure till this day how that makes any sense. The shipping costs are enormous and the demand is just not there. If you want any clarification around installation guidance or costs per square for materials, DO NOT ask Decra employees as they are useless. They will not provide accurate information. I'm not quite sure how they are still in business. They are a small company that do not stand by their customers but even worse, they hire incompetent employees. Not worth the hassle or the costs of installing this system.

/ Anyone have "Decra metal shingles" on their home? #13  
   / Anyone have "Decra metal shingles" on their home? #14  
Everything looks good on the web or in a catalog. I'd have the distributor give you some addresses of completed jobs to see and maybe talk to people who have purchased.

I'm a huge fan of standing seam roofs, and get some good winds 70+ up on my hill and have been real satisfied.

The shutters are another story :)

/ Anyone have "Decra metal shingles" on their home? #15  
Nide decra crews plz call mi 317 229 5535