Tires Anyone here using chains on there B series industrial tires? Either winter or summer?

/ Anyone here using chains on there B series industrial tires? Either winter or summer? #1  

Notomo

Tractor
B2320
Have a lot of ice under the snow and getting annoyed spinning and back end sliding sideways so I am thinking about chains for my B2320 but Considering chains are at least 200 for a set I am wondering if anyone here uses them in the summer to help in mud, not sure they would make much of a difference but dunno every bit helps in some of the crap around here. Thinking I may spend a bit more for a bigger diameter set to get better traction for summer use as well. Usually the Industrials are ok but I have had her bellied out 3 times and had them clogged up good got it out without needing a tow or winch but dunno almost think she would have gotten out a bit better with a bit more tread on the tires 2 of the times I had to use the loader to get some brush under the front tires and push some in around the backs as well.

/ Anyone here using chains on there B series industrial tires? Either winter or summer? #2  
My B2620 has 2 link ladder chains on R4 Industrial tires that were bought for snow/ice. They work in dirt e.g. tilling and general yard chores without much lawn damage before the snow actually comes. As to belly out in mud I can't say.
Cheers to the Vikings,
Mike

/ Anyone here using chains on there B series industrial tires? Either winter or summer? #3  
R4's and mud do not mix......

I used 2 link ladder chains like oldballs on my Kubota L4400 with R4s. I used them during Winter and Wet Spring in the timber. Made a huge difference. I also had a set for my B2910 with R4s. Same uses.

/ Anyone here using chains on there B series industrial tires? Either winter or summer? #4  
I have a set of ladder link chains for my B7500 that I got from Peerless Chain. I have only had to use them a couple of times, but they definitely make a BIG difference on ice.

/ Anyone here using chains on there B series industrial tires? Either winter or summer? #5  
I now have front & rear chains for my L3200. Unfortunately I can't use the chains on the rears, as my R4's don't have enough clearance between the tire & fender. Make sure you check that before you get some chains, proably need at least 2" of clearance at the narrowest spot to avoid chewing things up. I may or may not ever get wheel spacers to permit rear chains. After recently acquiring the front chains they have been good on their own.

R1s probably have less clearance issues & more mounting options to make that less of an issue.

/ Anyone here using chains on there B series industrial tires? Either winter or summer? #6  
Do chains do any good on R1s. Unless you get radial chains wouldn't they just fall between the lugs?

/ Anyone here using chains on there B series industrial tires? Either winter or summer?
R4's and mud do not mix......

I used 2 link ladder chains like oldballs on my Kubota L4400 with R4s. I used them during Winter and Wet Spring in the timber. Made a huge difference. I also had a set for my B2910 with R4s. Same uses.

Ya originally I was going to get the tractor with ag tires but they were special order and would have had to wait longer and the guy swore by the R4's because on the hard surfaces they don't beat you up as much and last longer yet still give good traction. For the most part they do a good job just when ya get in the really sloppy crap you start having issues, that being said I have other equipment stuck way worse than the B2320 and it got itself out all 3 times, which impressed me greatly. The one time I was sinking a foot in the mud that it was bellied in rolled a cut off stump under the loader lifted up the front end stuck some log pieces under the front tires and I think I dug out behind the rears a bit, and it drove itself right out.

Do chains do any good on R1s. Unless you get radial chains wouldn't they just fall between the lugs?
They have a few different options to have them not fall between the lugs here are a bunch of pics of diff styles 12-16.5 Tractor Tire Chain the duo and euro ones might/should work. I definitely intend to measure my clearances before I order or pick up chains I am just in the research phase still, I am leaning toward the duo-grip style to help with side to side slipping. I called and my local fleet supply carries some chains in my tire size but will have to take a look at them would be nice if they were a decent set save about $100 on shipping.

/ Anyone here using chains on there B series industrial tires? Either winter or summer? #8  
I just received my Duo chains from Chains.com in Johnstown Pa and ordered factory 1 1/5 spacers for my B3300SU. Had a logger in and I have a pig-pen of slop, even with 4X4 low, it just slips and slides like ice! Total bill to go play in the mud around $600............................but oh what fun!

/ Anyone here using chains on there B series industrial tires? Either winter or summer? #9  
I had chains, front & rear on a Kubota B7100 HST with turfs. Did wonders on ice/snow and in mud. The front chains really helped a lot. Chewed through frozen crusted snow and pulled in the direction they were pointed. Summer time really increased pulling ability and use in mud.

The rears were originally four link V bars but very rough ride. Added angled cross link between the ladders. Made for much smother ride.

/ Anyone here using chains on there B series industrial tires? Either winter or summer? #10  
I bought duo-grip rear chains and ladder front chains for my B2920 with R4 tires. Where I live snow is often preceded by rain and/or sleet, over mud. Without the chains my tractor was almost helpless when I tried to use my rear mounted snow blower. I don't have front weights (yet), and steering was almost impossible without the front chains. The duo-grip give a rough ride but I'll accept that for the traction. I have spacers on my rear wheels, but I'm not certain they are needed.

Pat