Anyone in the Gun Sights of the big Storm?

/ Anyone in the Gun Sights of the big Storm? #1  

JB4310

Tractor
J.D. 4310 E-hydro
Hitting the mid Atlantic coast states.
If so what are you doing to prepare for it?

Good luck JB.

/ Anyone in the Gun Sights of the big Storm? #2  
We're in the 20-30 inch range. We have plenty of milk, tissue and wine. The van is in the garage, the tractor is full of fuel with an extra 12 gallons on hand. The loader is greased and the blade is installed and ready to go. We'll fill the bathtub with water later tonight. And we'll enjoy the ride!

Mike

/ Anyone in the Gun Sights of the big Storm? #3  
We're in the 20-30 inch range. We have plenty of milk, tissue and wine. The van is in the garage, the tractor is full of fuel with an extra 12 gallons on hand. The loader is greased and the blade is installed and ready to go. We'll fill the bathtub with water later tonight. And we'll enjoy the ride!

Mike

Don't forget where your candles & matches are - it's hard to search in the dark :D
Dave.

/ Anyone in the Gun Sights of the big Storm? #4  
We are in the Richmond VA area. Expecting 8 inches or so. I am mostly concerned about power outages as this is very wet with sleet, rain, snow. We have a generator and 70 gallons of fuel. Our Church was closed last Sunday and had very little income last week. I hope we don't miss another week. That it really my biggest worry.

/ Anyone in the Gun Sights of the big Storm? #5  
We are in the Richmond VA area. Expecting 8 inches or so. I am mostly concerned about power outages as this is very wet with sleet, rain, snow. We have a generator and 70 gallons of fuel. Our Church was closed last Sunday and had very little income last week. I hope we don't miss another week. That it really my biggest worry.

Supposed to get around a foot here..RTV and gnerator ready to go...Might even need the BX if it gets out of hand.

Stocked up on beer....That's all

/ Anyone in the Gun Sights of the big Storm? #6  
Here on the far east of Newfoundland we already have 20 + cm down and expecting another 20-25 cm for a total of 50 + cm before it slows down tomorrow, winds gusting up to 90 km/hr. I have the tractor full with additonal fuel on hand, waiting for things to calm down before I attempt anything. Just enjoying the inside weather with family until tomorrow. Cheers.

/ Anyone in the Gun Sights of the big Storm? #7  
Got enough wood from the wood pile to heat the house for a week inside. I went and got 20 gallons of diesel for the generator and filled up the L4400 and I will have to put the bucket takes about 3 minutes(SSQD). So we are currently under a flood warning and a Winter storm warning supposed to get from 4-8. Since I prepared it will probably do nothing.

/ Anyone in the Gun Sights of the big Storm? #8  
Looks like it is going to be a beauty ! you guys are getting clobbered this year, heck of a thing when you get more snow in MD and DE then we do in NH ! I have a heck of a snow blower I can send down, not much call for it here,going to miss us all together.

/ Anyone in the Gun Sights of the big Storm? #9  
MikeInEburg said:
the tractor is full of fuel with an extra 12 gallons on hand. The loader is greased and the blade is installed and ready to go. Mike

The loader is on the BX23 and the front hyd blade is on the BX1500.
Both tractors are full of fuel and there is another 25 gallon in the 30 gallon storage set up drum.
Update :Won't have to worry about removing the snow we got last night due to the following .
I was going to plow the 5 or 6 inches of snow we got on our driveway this after noon or evening .
My wife was telling my cousin Rachel about my plan last night on the phone.
Rachel told my wife perhaps I should not be out in the cold since I'm recovering from a recent stroke and more recently artery surgery.

Well as it turns out the matter was taken care as I don't have to do the driveway thanks to my next door neighbor .

Was setting in the living room about 10:30 this morning and my wife looks out the window and says who is that coming up our driveway?
She took another look and exclaimed it's Greg my next door neighbor in his older Chevy 4 x 4 with a plow blade on the front.
He just drove in and cleaned up the whole drive way for me.

Words Can not express the gratitude I felt .

If you have great neighbors treat them well, as they are a gem.

Last edited:
   / Anyone in the Gun Sights of the big Storm? #10  
"Gun Sights" when we use to get the snow amounts as you folks down there getting lately ;) pacing yourself was just above having enough coffee on hand.

Wishing old man winter will show mercy upon all of you.