anyone know about ( Dragon ) tractors?

/ anyone know about ( Dragon ) tractors? #1  

deepNdirt

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar YM-1700
I'm helping a friend find him a tractor at a reasonable price, he really doesn't care about name brands just as so it'll get the small task done around his property, I have found this tractor on the CL at what seems to be a fair price,
the ad reads '94 dragon 270 for 2100 bucks, it kinda looks like an older Mitz although it is a '94 model, I have never heard of such tractor and cannot find out anything about them on the net through a google search,:confused:
So I'm asking here to find out if any of you folks know if these are good?bad?
I'm sure he can find a name brand tractor for around this same price although it would most likely be a smaller one, and he asked that try finding one with at least 20 hp.

Last edited:
   / anyone know about ( Dragon ) tractors? #2  
I'm helping a friend find him a tractor at a reasonable price, he really doesn't care about name brands just as so it'll get the small task done around his property, I have found this tractor on the CL at what seems to be a fair price,
the ad reads '94 dragon 270 for 2100 bucks, it kinda looks like an older Mitz although it is a '94 model, I have never heard of such tractor and cannot find out anything about them on the net through a google search,:confused:
So I'm asking here to find out if any of you folks know if these are good?bad?
I'm sure he can find a name brand tractor for around this same price although it would most likely be a smaller one, and he asked that try finding one with at least 20 hp.

I seen of a Dragon brand that was sold out of North Al a few years ago with that name. I don't think that distributor is still selling them. They were Chinese and I would not recommend those tractors to anyone at any price. Ken Sweet

/ anyone know about ( Dragon ) tractors?
Thanks! I'm glade I ask , I'll sure steer him away from this one;)

/ anyone know about ( Dragon ) tractors? #4  
Kinda looks like a Rhino tractor. never heard of Rhino though. :confused:I recommend a Yanmar for your neighbor. :D:thumbsup::p:cool:

/ anyone know about ( Dragon ) tractors? #5  
to me the most important thing to consider for buying any tractor is where to buy parts and get things repaired. If i buy anything ever again new or used ill get a John deere just because of their dealerships seem to keep parts in stock. As far as the dragon goes I used to work for the North Alabama company that imported those tractors and can tell you that they are not worth giving away.

/ anyone know about ( Dragon ) tractors? #6  
If he's looking in that price range..( couple thousand ) have him find a good old ford 600 or 601 series.. preferably something like a 660 or 661 ( live pto ).. and chance of power steering.

all parts available.. good 32hp tractor...

soundguy

/ anyone know about ( Dragon ) tractors? #7  
I agree..Stick with something that parts can be had for....A cheap price can turn into a disaster later on. For this kind of stuff, a name brand is good insurance.

/ anyone know about ( Dragon ) tractors? #8  
I agree..Stick with something that parts can be had for....A cheap price can turn into a disaster later on. For this kind of stuff, a name brand is good insurance.

I have to agree here. If you buy something and it breaks a few months later with no chance of getting parts, you're hosed:ashamed: and the money's just gone.:mad:

/ anyone know about ( Dragon ) tractors?
Yes I was kind of reluctant to inquire about this one ( Dragon ) because of the lack of info I could find on it, one of these cases if its "cheap must be reason"
my friend wants me to sell him my tractor although he cannot afford my price;)
besides its not for sale at this time :D being he is a beginner on tractors the Larger Fords would be a bit too much for him, I think I'm going to explain to him that these Cut tractors are mighty even if only 15-16 hp. I think he has compared the Hp rating that of a riding mower style tractor, he has a sears 18 hp b/s .... and I don't think he understands the hp of 2/3 cyl. diesel tractors verses air cooled gas engine :cool: .............. Because of my tractor being a 20 hp he thinks this is the size for him, I started on a 18 hp kubota and was very surprised of the power it had,
Thanks for the report and info on this Dragon Tractor,
DeepNDirt

/ anyone know about ( Dragon ) tractors? #10  
seriously.. if his price range is in the couple thousand area.. have him get an old from from 53 thru 64.. preferably 55 thru 64, manual tranny.. no SOS models.

good tractors with good parts support.