ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #41  
FOLD THOSE ARMS OUT ON IT AND THAT MACHINE CAN SPRAY A 90 FOOT WIDE PATH IN ONE PASS, AROUND HERE THE FARMERS ARE SPRAYING 1500 TO 2000 ACRE FIELDS, WHICH TAKES A COUPLE DAYS I WOULD IMAGINE. THE COST IS ANOTHER SHOCKER AT $250,000 FOR ONE OF THOSE THINGS NEW. PRICING OUT WHAT A FARMER PAYS FOR EQUIPENT, IT IS MIND BOGGLING HOW THEY MAKE ANY MONEY. GOT TO ADMIRE THEM FOR TAKING ON SUCH A CHALLENGING RISK!

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #42  
They don't have much of a choice. Either buy the equipment to stay competitive or go work at home depot.

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #43  
My 24 yo son bought one used - $160,000 then dropped another $10,000 on it to fully auto-steer with GPS and it shuts off sections automatically as you approach point rows. I accused him of green paint disease, to no avail. Pretty neat riding in it though. You can spray an 80 acre field dang fast. He uses it on his own crops of course, and custom sprays for others. West central MO.

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #44  
All this talk about sprayer lineage and no one mentions the old JD Highboys?

They are all over our area, still used by tobacco farmers.

Plus a few local farmers and the "Southern States" in town have some of those nice spray rigs.

-Phillip

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #45  
They don't have much of a choice. Either buy the equipment to stay competitive or go work at home depot.

Sorry but that makes no sense ?????

My self , MB and many others prove that many thousands of acres can and are farmed with older machinery . A lot of it these days is keeping up with the neighbours . I have a 90ft self propelled sprayer of this size that does over 5000 acres a year but it is a 1995 and is worth about $35'000 .

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #46  
Sorry but that makes no sense ?????

My self , MB and many others prove that many thousands of acres can and are farmed with older machinery . A lot of it these days is keeping up with the neighbours . I have a 90ft self propelled sprayer of this size that does over 5000 acres a year but it is a 1995 and is worth about $35'000 .

The money is good in commodities right now, and John Deere financing makes these spray rigs affordable. They are fairly common in eastern, NC. The old highboys sit around with weeds growing up around them, but some people do use them still.

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #47  
I work for an engineering support company and Agco is a client. I support the Jackson, MN operations where the RoGators, TerraGators and SpraCoupes are built. Impressive operation and impressive machines. I've also seen a couple green machines hanging around there. ;-)

Its neat to see what they are trying to do with the next generation machines. One thing is boom widths over 120' to cover more area. It's a challenge.

Bobby

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #48  
cheoah;3319907 John Deere financing makes these spray rigs affordable.[/QUOTE said:
Thats always amusing :) :) :)

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #49  
There was a big one for sale near here with roughly a $337,000 asking price and was probably a discount from sticker. I couldn't afford to even look at it.

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #50  
Yep, good point. Lots of flat open land up there. Big moose too!
And that's why you have the big tires and height! So you can roll right over the moose and not bump anything!