Anyone mow hay yet?

/ Anyone mow hay yet?
I just got the baler hooked to the Challenger yesterday. I have to go into the computer and reset the electronic remotes. Previous owner had them set up in an unusual

1714733890942.jpeg

/ Anyone mow hay yet? #12  
I was working on a house just South of Tyler Texas last week, and I probably saw a dozen different farms out baling round bales.

From what little I know, it had to be mostly weeds. The temps have just started to get into the 80's during the day, and Bermuda grass is barely starting to show up. In my area, Bermuda grass is the best hay grass that all the horse people want. Pure clean Bermuda sells for top dollar, everything that is mixed is goat or cow hay.

I don't hay my place, but I'm getting close to putting the batwing back on so I can cut down all my weeds to allow the grass to grow. With all the rain we've been getting, that might not happen for another couple of weeks.

/ Anyone mow hay yet? #13  
We just began to get hot yesterday. Temps in the 80’s most of this week. Not much rain, but next week supposed to get a lot.
Still only about 2’ tall here.

I got so much to do before I can even think about cutting or baling.
Need to mount Pottinger on front of Massey
Change oil in Massey

Krone baler needs to be hooked up to MT655E and test run.

I’m running out of time ! 😣

AND I still haven’t got an answer on the extra 60 acres that’s been rumored to be coming my way. Fingers crossed. That’ll put me at over 450-500
I feel your anxiety here. I don't have a bailer right now, it's at the dealer getting upgraded. Seems as though Kubota 'forgot' to put a scraper bar in front of the main drive roll and now they have to add one. Problem is, I have a huge wad of forage from last year tightly wound around the drive roll and that is causing the belts to stretch and at some point will break the lacings but in reality, without removing the belts there is no way to access and remove the entwined forage wrapped around the drive roll. Not my issue, their issue. It's a dang good bailer except for that.

No problem at this juncture as we had the wettest April in 30 years and it's been raining about every other day here so while my alfalfa is /could be cut raked and bailed, I'm not doing anything but looking at it right now. All pre sold anyway, just like last year. Besides, I have 3 pretty substantial TIG welding jobs in the shop I need to attend to.

/ Anyone mow hay yet? #14  
Both field and alfalfa hay are about 4" to 6" high around here.