Anyone own a TSC rotory mower?

/ Anyone own a TSC rotory mower? #1  

BJN644

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK35 HST
I'm thinking about getting a rotory mower and I've noticed the ones at TSC are no longer King Kutter, but are County Line. Any info on these, are they made by KK? or mostly are they any good? I would like to hear from someone who has one of these County Line ones and what they think of it.

I've noticed that TSC seems to sell quite a few of them.

/ Anyone own a TSC rotory mower? #2  
I do not have one of these mowers, but let me suggest a little bit of info. First of all, how many acres are you mowing and what type of terrain are you going to be cutting on? I looked at those mowers the last time I was at TSC. They look identical to KK, but they are awfully cheap when comparing prices. I believe in the words of old, "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR". Kind of like the difference between a Cadillac and a KIA. I would look at a Bush Hog, Howse, or Landpride. If you are doing light weight cutting on just a couple acres every once in a while you may want the cheaper cutter. Otherwise, I would spend the extra money and get something that has a proven track record. But, as you know, opinions are like you know whats!

/ Anyone own a TSC rotory mower? #3  
Oof!...had to go look at the TSC site to see the specs. That doesn't look "inexpensive" to me - looks like less cutter than you can get in better brands. I am not talking about the high dollar ones either - ever considered or heard of a Kodiak? Very good experience with them, personally. Reasonable and built very well with great reliability. Google "brush hog" and look for dealers on the right side of the page. I am sure you will find a better deal on a better cutter. One man's opinion...

/ Anyone own a TSC rotory mower?
I did get a chance to look at a 60" Woods Brushbull, there is a dealer selling them for $1400. The quick change blade set up is interesting, I don't know if it is actually helpful or not. Definitely better warranty on the Woods, 1 year except for the gearbox which is 6 years. If you read TSC's fine print on the County Line mower there is basically no warranty after it leaves the parking lot.

The tractor dealer also had a Landpride 60" for $1450, nice looking unit.

Both the Woods and Landpride are slip clutch models which does narrow the price down if you look at it that way compared to the TSC cutter.

I suppose, you get what you pay for, $900 or $1400.

/ Anyone own a TSC rotory mower? #5  
BJN664,
When your talking about a rotary mower do you mean Brush hog style or Finish type mowers? As you probably know The brush Hog type are good for small saplings and heavy brush, the Finish Mowers are basically for grass lawns. I have had three different brands and two different types. First was a JD Stump Jumper which was great for cutting along fence lines were heavy brush grew up and was too hard for for regular mowers. It was no good for cutting regular grass.The second one was a Bush Hog Squealer, it was great for the same type of saplings and heavy bushes, again no good for cutting regular lawns. The newest one is a Woods Heritage Finish Mower, it cuts my 2 acres of lawn almost as well as my Garden tractor does, but because it's a 72", cuts my mowing time in half. Just evaluate what you will be cutting the most, them base your decisions on what kind you need. Good luck with your decision
DevilDog.

Last edited:
   / Anyone own a TSC rotory mower? #6  
My TSC store has King Kutters sitting there. I have an old King Kutter, it's blue. It's a 5 foot which I put a new top deck on. It had been well used when I got it and it still goes on like a trooper. I haven't a bad thing to say about it.
My advise is to buy a King Kutter, you won't be sorry.

/ Anyone own a TSC rotory mower? #7  
I purchased a Woods Heritage rotory cutter instead of the bushbull because I am only cutting grass and weeds. I liked the idea of buying a brand name from a tractor dealer rather then something I have never heard of from a dept store. The Woods Heritage is good for 1" brush where the brushbull is up to 2" thick stuff. I thought it was a better value and I would not be buying more then I needed.

/ Anyone own a TSC rotory mower? #8  
I purchased a Woods Heritage rotory cutter instead of the bushbull because I am only cutting grass and weeds. I liked the idea of buying a brand name from a tractor dealer rather then something I have never heard of from a dept store. The Woods Heritage is good for 1" brush where the brushbull is up to 2" thick stuff. I thought it was a better value and I would not be buying more then I needed.

I was looking at the heritage HC54 for my B7610 to cut basically the same as you. I like the 4 1/2 foot cut rather than a 5' that model offers being that my implement limitations state 4'. How do you like that?

/ Anyone own a TSC rotory mower? #9  
Ive got a 60" rotary mower from TSC... the new country line mowers are King Cutters, the first mower i got, the gear box started leaking, and leaking pretty badly, took it back to TSC the guy gave me a new one imediately, he tells me 5yr warranty no problem... the second one was working great then started whining, pulled the plug on the gear box to check the oil and the oil was all milky and contained water.... ( my only thoughts were that the gear box had water in it from the factory) took it back and a clear plastic bottle of the milky oil, the guy said no problem 5 yr warranty, and gave me another new mower, so now im on my 3rd mower and its working fine. Even with the problems ive had with the mower, i have to say that TSC stands behind their mowers. I am really happy with the way it mows, it mows smooth and gives a close cut. I have 13 acres, and the terrain is pretty much rolling with some pretty uneven areas.

/ Anyone own a TSC rotory mower? #10  
December 45, Just curious what gear box is on your County Line Mower, and is it a rough cut mower? The County Line finish mower and tiller I recently saw at TSC were both King Kutter, but I was not so sure about the County Line "bush hog".