Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer?

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
I have heard "really well built, but lacking finish quality" is the word on the street.
Anyone have actual ownership of one? How has it held up?

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #2  
Never heard of them, Are they a regional trailer? I have a Load Trail

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #4  
I have the 20' 14K Ironbull equipment hauler. I looked at a lot of different trailers before I bought mine. Some were equal to this one but none were better that I could see. I have had it about 1-1/2 years now but only pulled it about 1,000 to 1,500 miles so time will tell.

IMG_0261.JPG IMG_1071.JPG IMG_0326.JPG

I'm not sure why the one picture ended up sideways, good thing the mill was tied down good.

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #5  
I have Iron bull trailers. Both very well built no issues about 2 years on both with around 5000 miles on the 10k trailer and I think around 2300 miles on the 14k trailer. Both are wood deck with built in ramps and a beaver tail, they are solid and pull very smooth.
Will be retiring/selling off one of my older trailers here soon so I expect to start putting some real miles on them soon.

When I purchased them nothing around me was close in quality for the price. Some trailers were a little nicer but they cost way too much more for the frills that were added and I’m not in it for show so many of the frills just don’t inspire me to pull cash out of my pocket.

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer?
The dealer sells Iron Bull, Lamar and Sure Trac.
His opinion was the Iron Bulls had the lowest quality paint (no primer-just powder coating on steel).

Please, I mean NO disrespect to those of you with Iron Bull trailers, I may be buying one and they look GREAT to me, I am simply stating my concern with what the dealer claimed. Could be he just wants me to buy a different brand, who knows.
I should be able to shed mine a lot of the time and I won’t drive it on snow or salted roads.

I currently have a 30’ Big Tex 24,000lb gooseneck. After about 5 years of heavy use age, she’s starting to lose a little paint in certain areas. Overall, it seems like most trailers have crap paint jobs.

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #7  
Paint, powdered coat holding up good so far for me, but honestly I have never owned a trailer that the paint or powder coat didn’t go to **** by year 4 or5 no matter what they tried to tell me about it when I was looking. One of my dumps was purchased at a real discount because the manufacture said they had some issues with the powder coating and that it would start peeling prematurely. Gave a huge discount on them rather than redoing them but no warrantee on the coating. That trailer lasted about as good as any that I ever owned and this year ( 12 or 13 years since purchase) it will actually get a quick sandblast and heavy coating of tractor implement paint.
Trailers to me are not show pieces, they are for work, get drug into the worst conditions, scratched and scraped from all different types of loads. Washed in the spring and sprayed with touch up paint until they start to show rust. Then if it’s minimal they get sand blasted and full paint. Takes about a day to clean them up and prep for the paint, my friend always trades/ barters for the day of blasting and prep and we usually share a case of beer and tag team the paint and have a cook out or something afterwards. It works out good because he does a lot of paint work and is always set up for the job.

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer?
Paint, powdered coat holding up good so far for me, but honestly I have never owned a trailer that the paint or powder coat didn稚 go to **** by year 4 or5 no matter what they tried to tell me about it when I was looking. One of my dumps was purchased at a real discount because the manufacture said they had some issues with the powder coating and that it would start peeling prematurely. Gave a huge discount on them rather than redoing them but no warrantee on the coating. That trailer lasted about as good as any that I ever owned and this year ( 12 or 13 years since purchase) it will actually get a quick sandblast and heavy coating of tractor implement paint.
Trailers to me are not show pieces, they are for work, get drug into the worst conditions, scratched and scraped from all different types of loads. Washed in the spring and sprayed with touch up paint until they start to show rust. Then if itç—´ minimal they get sand blasted and full paint. Takes about a day to clean them up and prep for the paint, my friend always trades/ barters for the day of blasting and prep and we usually share a case of beer and tag team the paint and have a cook out or something afterwards. It works out good because he does a lot of paint work and is always set up for the job.

With a friend like that, you have ample reason to not worry about equipment painting:drink:
Did you buy from Best Choice Trailers?

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #9  
The 10k Ironbull came from best choice, the others didn’t. Best choice treated me good but over the years I have purchased from many other places and none of my other trailers came from them. Thier price was competitive on the 14k trailer but I did some bartering on a job and worked out a unbeatable price for the 14k one. It wasn’t thier normal brand and the only one they had, I think someone ordered it special then changed thier mind.

No doubt having friends is good but I do work my fair share when we barter that work. Last trailer paint, I fixed a cracked head in his dump truck for him which saved him a ton of cash. Think they wanted over 3000 to fix it or some crazy amount at the shop. Right now I have one of his engines here for a rebuild on parts cost only, so I will be ahead when the time comes.

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #10  
DO NOT BUY. I just bought an Iron Bull 14' Deck Over Dump Trailer and after driving it home and trying to lift the dump, I discovered they had missed at least one weld on the channel holding the ramps to the underside. Lifting it bent the ramp, the door behind it on the back of the trailer, and the channel holding it and it also gouged the frame. Now it's on me to get it repaired under the "warranty" and I will end up having spent the money for a brand new powder coated trailer that has had repairs and is no longer fully powder coated. No compensation from NorStar or the dealer Best Choice in Carlisle PA was offered for selling me this defective trailer.
20220221_092842.jpg