Snow Anyone run a JD 60 broom (for snow) on a JD 3720 or similar series tractor

/ Anyone run a JD 60 broom (for snow) on a JD 3720 or similar series tractor #1  

GreenTime

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 110TLB, JD 3720, JD Z997, Kubota L5740
My questions are:
1. My tractor is 58" wide with R4 tires, will the 60" broom get close to covering the tractor width when angled?
2. I have lots of sidewalks that go right up to buildings. How close can you actually sweep next to a building?
3. My sidewalks are only 3' wide with gravel after that. Are the castor wheels beneficial?

Thanks in advance!

/ Anyone run a JD 60 broom (for snow) on a JD 3720 or similar series tractor #2  
Assume the broom is on the front, in place of the FEL.
I have a broom, but not the 60. But I've not found many snow falls that the broom handles well.. nothing much more than just a dusting.. as I recall. As well, don't think the angled 60" will cover the 58" tire tracks.
But again, it may do what you want it to do in the end.

If the broom would handle more snow, like the 1-5" depths, then I'd leave it on my x485 during the winter months.
But for dusting's, I would consider a blower mounted like the leaf blowers or the dust/gravel blowers that the driveway sealers use to clean off before sealing.

Maybe poor performance experience is due to the diameter of the broom. In the days gone by, our college would "polish the ice" on the sidewalks with a broom that was prolly 3' diameter. Might be the trick.

/ Anyone run a JD 60 broom (for snow) on a JD 3720 or similar series tractor #3  
I've had a 54 deere broom, and a 72 sweepster. Neither will come within 8" of a wall while angled away. I've sold both of them, and don't regret it one bit. A stihl back pack blower works better for light snow in a confined area.