Loader Anyone Seen a wider bucket for the LA211 Loaders ?

/ Anyone Seen a wider bucket for the LA211 Loaders ? #1  

JWR

Elite Member
Tractor
MF 2660 LP, 3 Kubota B2150, Kubota BX2200, MH Pacer, Gravely 5660, etc.
I'm interested in a wide bucket (existing std bucket is 47") for the LA211 loader on my BX2200. Probably a 60" or so would be good. Could very well be light duty as the intent is snow removal and light material, not heavy stuff. I've seen Long brand 60" blades to replace the bucket on the LA211 but not larger buckets.

/ Anyone Seen a wider bucket for the LA211 Loaders ? #2  
I can sympathize with you. I have pushed a couple of times with my BX22 and it is slow going if you have much to do. I now have a blower for the front. If I were you I think I would be looking for a snow pusher design instead of a bucket. I would think a 6' would work with chains.

/ Anyone Seen a wider bucket for the LA211 Loaders ?
I can sympathize with you. I have pushed a couple of times with my BX22 and it is slow going if you have much to do. I now have a blower for the front. If I were you I think I would be looking for a snow pusher design instead of a bucket. I would think a 6' would work with chains.

You are probably right but I would at least like to find out if the larger buckets exist. Maybe made by some third party ?

Right, a little pricey but at least it exists. Thanks !

/ Anyone Seen a wider bucket for the LA211 Loaders ? #6  
Don't overlook a local fabricator as buckets are a relatively easy build. Then you can address custom details like height (for visibility), depth so you don't get too much weight way out front when loaded and the width you desire.
I did this for two buckets, a 3.5 yard snow bucket for my 555E and a snow bucket for the kubota. Also found they're great for firewood, leaves and fluffy compost.

/ Anyone Seen a wider bucket for the LA211 Loaders ? #7  
jwr: good luck in finding your custom bucket, sounds like a plan. just on a safety note, having the bucket extending out beyond the tractor's ft end on either side could be potentially dangerous (hitting fence posts, trees) if you're not careful. esp at higher speeds! something easy to forget while at work. just a friendly precaution.

Good points all. I've also considered locating an old larger bucket and making/welding adapters to fit the pin locations on the BX2200. One problem is most of the old/other larger buckets are too heavy.