Mowing Anyone use a belly mower with Mits?

/ Anyone use a belly mower with Mits? #11  
That Bush Hog I tried out did very good. Just needed a bigger tractor in front of it. Don't know if you'll find a rear discharge on a 48" mower.

/ Anyone use a belly mower with Mits?
A side discharge would be ok. I cut my yard at 4 inches anyway. It just stays healthier at that height. I watch my neighbor cut his with a craftsman rider and he just mowes dirt. He asked me on time about why the spindles wear down in just one summer???? I guess he just does not get it.

Bill

/ Anyone use a belly mower with Mits? #13  
The RFM I had was the Bushhog RDTH 60 and yes it gave a better cut than my ZTR does but I wasn't cutting every week so it would cut taller than normal better and I figure that since it was a rear discharge then it didn't have to cut the clippings like a side discharge does.

I wouldn't try using the RDTH 60 behind the 372 though since it weighs 536lbs. Although it would do it but you need a good amt. of ft. weight, they do have a new model that weighs 450lbs that the 372 should handle alot easier.

/ Anyone use a belly mower with Mits? #14  
I mow with a 72" Kioti rear discharge I bought it used but in perfect condition from my local Kioti dealer for $900. I love the cut and the speed in which I can mow but the one thing I do miss is how close you can trim. When I switched from a Grasshopper ZTR to rear finish mower I became a lot more intimate with my weedeater.

/ Anyone use a belly mower with Mits? #15  
Kernopelli said:
I mow with a 72" Kioti rear discharge I bought it used but in perfect condition from my local Kioti dealer for $900. I love the cut and the speed in which I can mow but the one thing I do miss is how close you can trim. When I switched from a Grasshopper ZTR to rear finish mower I became a lot more intimate with my weedeater.

Interesting you went from a ZTR to a rear finish mower and I went the other way...RFM to ZTR even the same ZTR manufacture.

I don't have any plans to go back to the RFM, I have way too many trees.

/ Anyone use a belly mower with Mits? #16  
wushaw said:
Interesting you went from a ZTR to a rear finish mower and I went the other way...RFM to ZTR even the same ZTR manufacture.

I don't have any plans to go back to the RFM, I have way too many trees.

The ZTR had definite advantages but so does the RFM. I needed a tractor but didn't feel I needed a ZTR AND tractor. I am able to mow considerably faster with the tractor ( I can mow in high range in high gear.. about 12-13 MPH if I stay on top of my mowing and am cutting 72" compared to 61" with the ZTR at about 8-9 MPH). I too have a fair number of trees + about 900' of split rail fence that I used to be able to zip under and around with the ZTR and the RFM can not do that so I am probably not actually saving any time when you factor weedeating and spraying.

However, for the same money as the ZTR I got a used tractor and a number of implements I have found it has about 10 X more uses and a heck of a lot more fun!

/ Anyone use a belly mower with Mits? #17  
Kernopelli said:
The ZTR had definite advantages but so does the RFM. I needed a tractor but didn't feel I needed a ZTR AND tractor. I am able to mow considerably faster with the tractor ( I can mow in high range in high gear.. about 12-13 MPH if I stay on top of my mowing and am cutting 72" compared to 61" with the ZTR at about 8-9 MPH). I too have a fair number of trees + about 900' of split rail fence that I used to be able to zip under and around with the ZTR and the RFM can not do that so I am probably not actually saving any time when you factor weedeating and spraying.

However, for the same money as the ZTR I got a used tractor and a number of implements I have found it has about 10 X more uses and a heck of a lot more fun!

Oh I know what ya mean, I just had to have something to be able to mow the place and not take all weekend to do it and my canopy wouldn't fit under so many many branches so I wasn't able to get close to them.
I do like my setup now.