Anyone use a Boom Pole as 3pt. chain harrow lift

/ Anyone use a Boom Pole as 3pt. chain harrow lift #1  

pharmvet

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 7710 II FWA, NH TB110 FWA w/ NH 46LB loader, JD 5303 2wd w/ loader
I have a chain harrow that really does a good job leveling disked ground in my food plots. Problem is (as with all chain harrows) its a PITA to carry anywhere and it is virtually impossible to use in tight quarters or run the tractor in reverse. I did some research and found where some use various 3 pt. configurations to raise chain harrows for transport, and use in tight quarters. I was thinking of building such a 3 pt. device and remembered a new boom pole I purchased last year. Has anyone here used a boom pole as a 3 pt. chain harrow lift? If so, what modifications did you make. Pics would be great. thanks

/ Anyone use a Boom Pole as 3pt. chain harrow lift #2  
I use my boom pole for a drag lift. Actually it's on my tractor right now. A couple of short chains is all it takes to hang it.

/ Anyone use a Boom Pole as 3pt. chain harrow lift #3  
Don't have pictures but have seen my local golf course with a boom and chain rig that can raise their chain harrow.

/ Anyone use a Boom Pole as 3pt. chain harrow lift #5  
I take it as you don't have a front end loader? I built this boom a few months ago. Haven't even painted it yet. :laughing:

/ Anyone use a Boom Pole as 3pt. chain harrow lift #6  
I've used my boom pole to lift and move a lot of things, but don't have a harrow. Can't see why it wouldn't work rather well though.

/ Anyone use a Boom Pole as 3pt. chain harrow lift #7  
A boom pole works great for lifting a chain harrow for transport. Ken Sweet

/ Anyone use a Boom Pole as 3pt. chain harrow lift
Even more than transport, I was wanting to rig it so that I could use the harrow while attached to the boom. I want to be able to pick it up and back it into tight places. I have several small long narrow deer plots in trails through the woods.

/ Anyone use a Boom Pole as 3pt. chain harrow lift #10  
We used to use a gin pole with section harrows years ago and it worked well enough but I built this 3pt harrow for about $250 and it works well too. Soemthing like this is perfect for backing in as you have described.