Financing Anyone use John Deere financing?

/ Anyone use John Deere financing? #21  
Wow, I do not think that a $5.00 penalty is harsh at all. I think that the going rate for an NSF cheque in Ontario is around $25.00.
As far as the reminder goes, if you don't want to be notified, don't miss a payment. My thoughts only.

Richard

/ Anyone use John Deere financing? #22  
Not to panic guys, its just obrith saying Deere credit has fangs. Of course, there is always SuperKubota to save the day!

Gimme a break!

I have had nothing but fantastic experience with JDC...

/ Anyone use John Deere financing? #23  
Thanks Rocky. I've only financed a few hundred JD tractors/mowers/gators...

Yes, JD isnt going to ream you for being a little late once. I'm glad to hear they only gave you a $5 charge...

It really depends on the finance plan you go with as well. JD offers both revolving (credit card style) and fixed. Most of their really good offers like same as cash for a set length, are revolving after the same as cash period and they charge back interest. However, it is not always like this. Usually its much better (like 6.9/7.9% after the 0%) on the CUTs. On the mowers/gators its a different story. They often charge 19.9% from the purchase date after the 0% period if you dont pay it off. I'm just saying make sure you read ALL the fine print on all of your contracts. JD has ALOT of finance plans and change them often... sometimes its hard for the dealers to even know all the fine print on newer plans.

Just make sure you read your contract, and if you go with a revolving plan, make sure to check what your rates will be on further purchases BEFORE you buy more. I have a few customers who bought things on their JD credit card and got angry when they were charged out at 19.9% interest.

Most of the time you get far and away better deals financing with the tractor company you are buying from... infact we ONLY finance our tractors through the companies finance agency (both JD and Kubota). I'm just saying read up on it alot.

/ Anyone use John Deere financing? #24  
Richard, I didn't think it was harsh either.

As far as what obrith says about changing the interest rates on a revolving charge account (JD credit Card), he is right. JD or any other company can change their interest rate at any time unless it's a specified time. But, they also have to notify you before it takes effect. It works just like any other credit card.

/ Anyone use John Deere financing? #25  
Sorry, Billy. My misunderstanding.

Richard