Anyone use parachute cord for boot laces?

/ Anyone use parachute cord for boot laces?
Here's the parachute cord after a couple months of dry field and dirt work. The paracord laces barely look rumpled while regular laces would have been severely worn. They really are a great lace but I go back and forth on those or Wolverine laces.

See photo.

IMG_5478.JPG

/ Anyone use parachute cord for boot laces? #32  
I was welding and burnt my laces in our small engine shop at work and i told the tech that i will have now have to buy new laces, he said nope, he laced them with small diameter pull cord rope for small engines, man was i happy he thought of that, they are crazy strong and very resistant to everything.

I was welding and burnt my laces in our small engine shop at work and i told the tech that i will have now have to buy new laces, he said nope, he laced them with small diameter pull cord rope for small engines, man was i happy he thought of that, they are crazy strong and very resistant to everything.

Make sure it's a larger diameter. Earlier in the thread I showed comparisons of sizes to use. Small ones can cut the leather or even the eyelets or speed lace metal.

/ Anyone use parachute cord for boot laces? #34  
Here's the parachute cord after a couple months of dry field and dirt work. The paracord laces barely look rumpled while regular laces would have been severely worn. They really are a great lace but I go back and forth on those or Wolverine laces.

See photo.

View attachment 482646

wife's going to rumple your *** if she sees those boots on the counter.... :laughing:

wife's going to rumple your *** if she sees those boots on the counter.... :laughing:

Yeah, I would have been in trouble but it's the old "five second rule". I put them there, took the pic and got them off in under five seconds. Plus, she didn't see me. :D

Notice that dog chewed off part of the tongue?

Final entry on this...I switched back to the Wolverine laces from the parachute cord after I discovered that even the thicker paracord laces I thought were OK were damaging the boot eyelets. The paracord is simply too strong unless the boot is originally intended for use with paracord laces or you replace boots very frequently.

On the other hand, if you want to tie or repair something and have confidence that the lace or cord will never fail, parachute cord is your friend.

/ Anyone use parachute cord for boot laces? #37  
I have a home made crossbow with an aluminum prod, that I used paracord for the string. I wound the knock and glide area with nylon leader string.

I make my own bolts, split feather, v end for string, and for the tis, since I just shoot practice targets I sharpen the tips to 45' then epoxy coat. When epoxy hardens, I hit it on the belt sander to make a semi point. The epoxy keeps the wood from splintering, and holds up well in bow targets. At 40 yes I can sink 2" in hi den rubber foam torso targets..