Anyone used the Super Splitter?

/ Anyone used the Super Splitter? #11  
Thats a question I asked, and he pointed out that the wedge is mounted and the ram is the flat part. So you would back it up and slam it again, and again if necessary. He was saying that each hit to the wood would be between 20-50 ton.

That clears some things up. Thanks. :thumbsup:

/ Anyone used the Super Splitter? #12  
Maybe when I was 20 but now I find that the extra time it takes to cycle a hydraulic splitter is about the amount of time it takes to put a new log on the splitter. While it splits the log is rest time. I'm not sure if I would want to go faster, lol.

/ Anyone used the Super Splitter? #13  
Maybe when I was 20 but now I find that the extra time it takes to cycle a hydraulic splitter is about the amount of time it takes to put a new log on the splitter. While it splits the log is rest time. I'm not sure if I would want to go faster, lol.

Right. Remember when computers were going to make our lives so much easier that we'd have all kinds of leisure time?

/ Anyone used the Super Splitter?
I hear ya about the spare time, and can see you point about the time it take to load another log lol

Im back in college full time, and Im usally straped for time. Our oldest son is 15 and can easly outwork me now-a-days:thumbsup: Thats the appeal for me, my old splitter was 20 yrs old 10 years ago when it my father in law gave it to me lol.

/ Anyone used the Super Splitter? #15  
How do you back it out of a knotty log when it gets stuck?

Aaron Z

You don't.

To mis-quote; "The only way out is through".
IOW, hit it another time, or two.
You will get to a spot where the wedge is no longer stuck.

Of course, you COULD just resolve not to try splitting good burls (-:

/ Anyone used the Super Splitter? #16  
Of course, you COULD just resolve not to try splitting good burls (-:

Having split many a cord of apple (with LOTS of knots) there are some ones that it is better to back off and try from a different angle. For that reason, the splitter that my dad and the neighbor built has a grab hook welded to the back of the pusher.

Aaron Z

/ Anyone used the Super Splitter? #17  
Could faster cause one to be more prone to some type of accident?

/ Anyone used the Super Splitter?
Could faster cause one to be more prone to some type of accident?

Obsoletely, its very fast, of course half of the speed it the return which isn't anything more than a spring pulling it back. I thought the same thing, and I concluded that it would only take once to keep track of my fingers.

/ Anyone used the Super Splitter? #19  
\"if you can lift it on the table you can split it."

Well that wouldn't be good enough for me. I expect to be able to split logs that I can't lift up on the table. Not something to worry about with the SS, as there is no log lift available.

/ Anyone used the Super Splitter? #20  
At the county fair I watched one of these run. Supposedly you can run a cord an hour through it. Thats if your all set up and ready to run. Im thinking about getting one of these next year.

Log Splitter, Wood Splitter - Super Split(R)

The man who owns our trarsh collection company knows an Amish guy who builds and, sells them cheaper though.

Whose that man? He is great. I want to know more about him. :thumbsup: