anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow

/ anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow #11  
Jim,

I have the HJ2 model. It is 60" and weighs 340lbs. I love it. I had the pressure relief valve bumped up just a bit on my tractor. I needed the bump to pick up my snowmobiles. I could lift them with the curl, but not lift them up.
The 4in1 gets a lot of use from me. I originally got it to help spread loam and grade my front yard. I use it a lot for spreading bark mulch or picking up debris, although that takes some practice.
I also use it a lot for grabbing brush and logs, and picking up good size rocks. When I cut slash, I pull up the stumps, up to 4".
It is a great tool that finds many uses.
Mike

/ anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow #12  
Jim,

I have the HJ2 model. It is 60" and weighs 340lbs. I love it. I had the pressure relief valve bumped up just a bit on my tractor. I needed the bump to pick up my snowmobiles. I could lift them with the curl, but not lift them up.
The 4in1 gets a lot of use from me. I originally got it to help spread loam and grade my front yard. I use it a lot for spreading bark mulch or picking up debris, although that takes some practice.
I also use it a lot for grabbing brush and logs, and picking up good size rocks. When I cut slash, I pull up the stumps, up to 4".
It is a great tool that finds many uses.
Mike

340 pounds isn't too bad on these sized tractors. I just got a Virnig rock bucket the other day - and it's listed as weighing in at 300 pounds. I've already used it a bit - and I think that it might be dragging down the digging ability of the FEL a little - because it's probably overbuilt a bit (thus weighing more) - and it sticks out quite a bit (leverage effect) - but it's still useable. I just wish it would "dig" a little bit more.

I'd be curious to see some pics of that 4n1 on your 7610 - do you remember how much it cost you?

/ anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow #13  
Only action picture I have is this one when I was stacking up logs that pulled out before winter set in.
View attachment 318086 stacking.jpg

I have no issues with the weight or lifting things. Actually I am always surprised at what it can lift weather it is the 4in1 bucket or the grapple.
I think I paid around $1,800 back in 2010.

/ anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow #14  
I too have a WR Long 4 in 1. Very useful addition to my Kioti.

After I had the aux hydraulics installed for the 4 in 1, I was able to find a Meyers 7.5 plow welded to a Q/A plate. I use the WR Long hydraulics to angle the plow. I only use the 4 in1 for pushing back the snowbanks once they get too tall. I position the bucket and open the clam-shell to knock the top of the snow bank over the edge.

I only use the bucket to pile snow since the plow is so much better at clearing the snow from my driveway.

/ anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow #15  
Here is the other picture that did not post.

4in1 Bucket.jpg

/ anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow
I'd put a plow on the bucket but I'm afraid I won't be able to push it if if I get a couple storms behind. I'm not there full time so I could have 18" or more before it gets cleared. Time will tell but I'm assuming that I'll have to do it little by little with the bucket.