3-Point Hitch Anyone using a powerhouse log splitter with an XR4100 series?

/ Anyone using a powerhouse log splitter with an XR4100 series? #1  

MarlinSlayer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford Jubilee!
Just bought a powerhouse three point log splitter and am assembling it. I have to purchase the supply and return hoses. Anyone here done this and can recommend a length for the hoses? Sure would like to skip the whole "going to the farm, hooking up the splitter, then measuring, then going to the supply house 25 miles away, and returning to see if they fit" thing. If you've done this, tell me what to buy and save me an extra 50mile round trip.

Thanks

/ Anyone using a powerhouse log splitter with an XR4100 series? #2  
I'm thinking about buying a 3 pt splitter and will be interested in your experience in hooking up your splitter and how it works on the xr4100. Include pics if you can

/ Anyone using a powerhouse log splitter with an XR4100 series?
Okay, pics ar not here, but if you go to Northern Tool and look at the video of the Powerhouse 22 ton log splitter, it looks just like that only more-awesomer cause it is a blue splitter and sits on a blue tractor. In all seriousness, the log splitter works great and was a very good purchase. I just reviewed it on the Northern Tool website. Works great. You will need at least 84" hose, but those are almost too short as when the unit swings to the vertical position there is not much slack if any on hoses. I was concerned about stress on the fittings and went with the 96" hose and just keep a loop in them when the unit is horizontal, and they droop when unit is vertical. The splitter runs great on my XR4150H, and highly recommend the purchase. The splitter is well made, simple to operate. Hooked it up to the rear (Blue) system on the rear remotes, pushed the blue lever forward and the right connector is pressure, runs into the right side of splitter, left hose goes from left side of splitter to left (Blue return) side of tractor. All controls done from the splitter after that.

Easy Peasy

/ Anyone using a powerhouse log splitter with an XR4100 series? #4  
Good review, what was the biggest log you put in that 22 ton? How many rpm did run your tractor. Do you set the splitter on the ground or a cradle when you take it off

/ Anyone using a powerhouse log splitter with an XR4100 series?
Good review, what was the biggest log you put in that 22 ton? How many rpm did run your tractor. Do you set the splitter on the ground or a cradle when you take it off
So far, maybe 18 inches in diameter....I ran it up to about 2000 rpm and set it on some cinderblocks with a 2x6 on top when not using.

/ Anyone using a powerhouse log splitter with an XR4100 series? #6  
Do you think the 3pt splitter is more convenient than the self contained one

/ Anyone using a powerhouse log splitter with an XR4100 series? #7  
I have the power horse 13 ton splitter I use on a Kubota B2910. I have 5GPM off the machine and the speed isn't bad.... Make sure when you purchase your quick connects that you don't reduce your GPN rate...

/ Anyone using a powerhouse log splitter with an XR4100 series? #8  
I have the power horse 13 ton splitter I use on a Kubota B2910. I have 5GPM off the machine and the speed isn't bad.... Make sure when you purchase your quick connects that you don't reduce your GPN rate...

I just ordered the 20 ton from NT. are the disconnects you are talking about the hose ends or the ones plumbed on the tractor

/ Anyone using a powerhouse log splitter with an XR4100 series? #9  
I just ordered the 20 ton from NT. are the disconnects you are talking about the hose ends or the ones plumbed on the tractor

Both, when you go to buy quick connects they have a flow rating... My tractor has an output of 5gpm. I tapped into a power-beyond block on the rear of the tractor. I think it uses 3/8 hoses or maybe 1/4 in... but the hoses will flow 5GPM. When I looked at the quick connects I had to go up to the next hose size to get 5GPM..

This is my splitter..
VID-20111012-00000.3GP - YouTube

Here's another... Hard to hold the camera and run the splitter...

VID 20111015 00002 - YouTube

The machine is running just above idle 850 to 100 RPM.. The ram will run faster at high RPM but I rather have less noise....

/ Anyone using a powerhouse log splitter with an XR4100 series? #10  
Thanks for the pictures and info. I picked up my splitter today will be putting together tomorrow