Anyone using a Woods Brushbull 48 on a JD 2210?

/ Anyone using a Woods Brushbull 48 on a JD 2210? #1  

mhalla

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210
<font color="green"> I am going to buy a four foot rotary cutter to attach to my JD 2210.

An LX4 from JD is out of my price range so I have looked at the Woods Brushbull 48 and a Bush Hog Squealer SQ480.

I'm leaning toward the Woods since it looks a little sturdier and based on local dealer prices I obtained, the Woods costs only $2 more than the Bush Hog.

Anyone out there with a 2210 that is using either of these rotary mowers? What has been your experience?

I was wondering if the greater weight of these mowers versus the LX4 would present a problem even with a full set of front weights.

Thanks,

Mike </font>

/ Anyone using a Woods Brushbull 48 on a JD 2210? #2  
I've used a BB48 on a friend's Kubota BX2200, which I believe is similar to the JD 2210. The tractor handles the cutter fine, although due to the tractor's small ground clearance and overall small size, it wouldn't lift the cutter high enough to raise the tail wheel off the ground. No problems in operation though.

/ Anyone using a Woods Brushbull 48 on a JD 2210? #3  
How much difference is the weight and price?

I have the LX 4 and it handles it fine but i would not use it without the loader or some weight on the front. A couple things to check, its nice to have a quick hitch to hook these up, if your using the i-match or what ever you may want to make sure it works. The LX4 works with the I-match. The LX4 also has two sets of mounting holes for the 3 point pins, so you can use the lower set and have enough lift to pick it up. Just a couple of thoughts on the LX4, the others may work just as well, I'm not familar with them.

Phil

/ Anyone using a Woods Brushbull 48 on a JD 2210? #4  
I have a BB48 on my 2210, It works fine. I have only done about 4 or 5 hours last fall with it, but it handled much better than my old tractor did with the BB. I had to turn the 3 point pins on the mower towards the inside, as the limited width on the 2210's lift arms wouldn't quite reach to fit over the pins. I would also say I still need to do some fine tuning on the setup. I think I have the backend of the mower to high. Lower the rear wheel ?? adjust the BB brackets (they can utilize a few different sets of holes)?? adjust the 2210 3 Point Hitch?? or most likley some combination of all three items above. The mower is an absolute tank, I would say 48" is as big as I would feel comfortable with on the 2210.

/ Anyone using a Woods Brushbull 48 on a JD 2210? #5  
Woods makes a 42" rotary mower for subcompacts like your 2210. Model RCC42, 350 lbs and comes with guards front and back. Looks very well made.

/ Anyone using a Woods Brushbull 48 on a JD 2210? #6  
I had a LX4 for my 2210 and used it only once for about 10 minutes and decided it was too big for the 2210. I traded it back to a dealer for wheel weights and a 60" belly blade. I decided to keep the Woods JD M40 which was built for the 445/455 series tractor. It's only 40 inches wide, but is still built like a tank. It's much shorter than the LX4 and the 2210 handles it with easy. Sounds like Woods has a 42" version, which might be similar to my 40". For clearing paths in our woods and clearing out fencerows, this little Woods works great. I know JD shows the LX4 in all the 2210 ads, but your lift height is limited and its a good 2 ft longer than the smaller woods.

Good luck with your decision.

John

/ Anyone using a Woods Brushbull 48 on a JD 2210? #7  
I have the 2210 with a 48" bush hog squealer. The combination performs flawlessy, even through 5 acres of 3' tall weeds and scrub. Only concern is the plastic cooling fan under the floor pan. Planning on making some kind of shield for it this spring. I remember a post earlier about plans for one. Also can lift tail wheel about 12" off the ground. Enough for all situations I run into.

/ Anyone using a Woods Brushbull 48 on a JD 2210?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( How much difference is the weight and price?

Phil )</font>
<font color="green">
John Deere LX4 $1200, weight 414.5 lbs, 87 inches long
Woods BB48 $895, weight 456 lbs, 92 inches long
Bush Hog Squealer SQ480 $893, weight 431 lbs, 83 inches long

Mike</font>

/ Anyone using a Woods Brushbull 48 on a JD 2210? #9  
I also run a 48" squealer behind my 2210.
As BobB said, it works great.
I did try it without any front weight, and made the front end real light - too scary to go on any hills. I then put 5 suitcase weights up front, and is real stable now. Up and down steep hills with no problem.
Also, adjusting your hitch setup is crucial to getting the right combination of mower angle and lift height.

/ Anyone using a Woods Brushbull 48 on a JD 2210? #10  
Should have also mentioned in my earlier post that I used front weights on my 2210 with the BB48. Front end would be too light. I could use the loader as a counter balance, but I like to have it off for a better view of any potential obstructions in my path.