Anyone using Rear View Safety (company name) products for backup cameras and monitor?

/ Anyone using Rear View Safety (company name) products for backup cameras and monitor? #11  
At one time I was leaning toward a wireless camera, particularly for the front/FEL mounted one. However, there are many reviews of these camera which complain of poor performance...weak signal, interference, battery problems. I didn't see any advantage to going with a power-wired, but WIFI wireless camera...if I'm doing any wiring, I might as well do both power and signal. My hope for the FEL-mounted camera was that I'd be able to relocate it for different needs, and that would be easier to do with a totally wireless unit...plus there wouldn't be any wires to rip off when working deep in the bushes! For me, poor signal reliability or short battery life (or irreplaceble battery!) are deal breakers for the wireless units, though.

/ Anyone using Rear View Safety (company name) products for backup cameras and monitor? #12  
I got a cheap Peak wireless backup camera a few years ago for my cargo trailer. Ended up splicing in longer wires to mount the transmitter at the very front top of my cargo trailer behind the fiberglass cap, not aluminum walls. Signal still sucked & could barely make it to the cab of my truck. Had to mount it part way up my windshield to get barely usable signal.

Wire is always more reliable than wireless unless you have mobility issues. As an IT guy often running WiFi networks I still believe that & run wire whenever possible.

/ Anyone using Rear View Safety (company name) products for backup cameras and monitor? #13  
At one time I was leaning toward a wireless camera, particularly for the front/FEL mounted one. However, there are many reviews of these camera which complain of poor performance...weak signal, interference, battery problems. I didn't see any advantage to going with a power-wired, but WIFI wireless camera...if I'm doing any wiring, I might as well do both power and signal. My hope for the FEL-mounted camera was that I'd be able to relocate it for different needs, and that would be easier to do with a totally wireless unit...plus there wouldn't be any wires to rip off when working deep in the bushes! For me, poor signal reliability or short battery life (or irreplaceble battery!) are deal breakers for the wireless units, though.

I don't see all that much advantage to wireless for such short wires. It not that hard to keep wires up and out of harms way. Besides you may not have the wires but a battery to deal will all the time. I have six cameras on my truck and they are all hard wired.

/ Anyone using Rear View Safety (company name) products for backup cameras and monitor?
Thanks guys for all your words of wisdom. The system I am looking at from RVS is wired and powered between the camera and a wifi transmitter, and I plan to fix mount my camera. The advantage I was considering was having a single device for monitor (via supplied app), music source, incline meter (via App), etc by using my iPad. The thought would be to use a commercially available holder for the iPad and have it be that single device - like a central control station - single pain of glass in the Tractor cab.

/ Anyone using Rear View Safety (company name) products for backup cameras and monitor? #15  
Thanks guys for all your words of wisdom. The system I am looking at from RVS is wired and powered between the camera and a wifi transmitter, and I plan to fix mount my camera. The advantage I was considering was having a single device for monitor (via supplied app), music source, incline meter (via App), etc by using my iPad. The thought would be to use a commercially available holder for the iPad and have it be that single device - like a central control station - single pain of glass in the Tractor cab.

What is the size of the display on the iPad. The larger the display the more you'll be able to see. Display monitors just don't cost a lot like they once did.

/ Anyone using Rear View Safety (company name) products for backup cameras and monitor? #16  
Anyone know of a more economical magnetic mount. Their price seem high. Also how are their displays against sun wash out. Looking for a wired set up to use with my baler.

Thanks for any help.

/ Anyone using Rear View Safety (company name) products for backup cameras and monitor? #17  
Anyone know of a more economical magnetic mount. Their price seem high. Also how are their displays against sun wash out. Looking for a wired set up to use with my baler.

Thanks for any help.

Any LCD display is going to be hard to see in direct sunlight. Outside of virtual reality goggles, about the only thing you can do about it is put a sun shade on it.