Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables?

/ Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables?
haha and thank you - yeah the anticipation will help keep my nails short and probably start showing a bald spot soon :)

/ Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables? #22  
Hey, what's wrong with having a bald spot?

Depending on where it is, I guess...

:laughing:

/ Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables? #23  
thank you everyone for the input and feedback. I have decided on going with the 5835R, I did not end up really trying many other ones, looked around some, kicked some tires and visually looked at a few lots, but in the end found this to be great value and little negative to say, it may be fairly new but it seems that the 7845 "big brother" it was based a lot on have mostly good things said as well. I really like the local dealer I found also, Bly Farm in PA. It is on order now, on a boat i suspect, and will come new from Georgia in a few weeks - i'll post some pictures in the spring.

I strongly suggest that you get the rear tires filled or get tire weights....or both.
The loader is more than capable of lifting the rear off the ground.
If you don稚 have the money for the normal options, you can usually get free, used antifreeze from local auto shops to use and do it yourself.

Congrats and may you get many, problem free, years from your tractor. I am fond of my 4520r.

/ Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables? #24  
I strongly suggest that you get the rear tires filled or get tire weights....or both.
If you don稚 have the money for the normal options, you can usually get free, used antifreeze from local auto shops to use and do it yourself.

Congrats and may you get many, problem free, years from your tractor. I am fond of my 4520r.

Please do not use automotive anti freeze in your tires.
It is toxic to absolutely EVERYTHING!

/ Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables? #25  
Please do not use automotive anti freeze in your tires.
It is toxic to absolutely EVERYTHING!

Please do not use automotive antifreeze in your automobile either...:eek:
I notice lots of dead animals after every major car accident I have ever seen.:confused3:
Yes it is toxic. Lots of things are. And like many things....blown way out of proportion.

Last edited:
   / Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables? #26  
Please do not use automotive antifreeze in your automobile either...:eek:
I notice lots of dead animals after every major car accident I have ever seen.:confused3:
Yes it is toxic. Lots of things are. And like many things....blown way out of proportion.

If your dog chases cars, then automotive antifreeze might be a problem.
Unlike a car accident, when you dump a tractor tire full of automotive freeze, it will spill MANY GALLONS of antifreeze on the ground.
Both wild and domestic animals domestic will drink/eat/or lap it up because the sweet liquid attracts them.
If you only have pigeons.....no problem,..... there are too many pigeons anyway.

/ Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables? #27  
Unlike a car accident, when you dump a tractor tire full of automotive freeze, it will spill MANY GALLONS of antifreeze on the ground.
Both wild and domestic animals domestic will drink/eat/or lap it up because the sweet liquid attracts them.
If you only have pigeons.....no problem,..... there are too many pigeons anyway.

Does anything still drink that stuff? I’ve gotten it in my mouth before and it’s anything but sweet. Although in this instance there’s no reason to use it. RV antifreeze is like $2 a gallon and the cheap green a antifreeze is close to $10. You can probably get by with diluting it more than the recommended 50 percent but still.

/ Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables? #28  
Does anything still drink that stuff? I’ve gotten it in my mouth before and it’s anything but sweet. Although in this instance there’s no reason to use it. RV antifreeze is like $2 a gallon and the cheap green a antifreeze is close to $10. You can probably get by with diluting it more than the recommended 50 percent but still.
-50 RV antifreeze will freeze at about 20 degrees and -100 will freeze at around -20 degrees. Not something I can use here in Alaska. Much of the upper states in the lower 48 probably should use the -100.

https://www.splashwash.com/application/files/8015/4335/7624/RV_Marine_Antifreeze_Facts_10-22-18.pdf

/ Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables? #29  
Here is my thoughts on this. My parents lost their dog when it drank antifreeze that puddled on the concrete under the vehicle.
Any loss from my tractor tire will be absorbed into the ground so that nothing will be able to drink it.

Besides, any dead animals here is a bonus. Wolf or coyotes or bears... moose is good to:thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables?

Ah yes - i did order loaded tires, bio mass fill they call it - from dealer. If it is still light i'll get weights as well