Anyone with a reciever mount for a winch on their trailer?

/ Anyone with a reciever mount for a winch on their trailer? #1  

hrcarver

Gold Member
Tractor
jd 6120, 7200, 7700 - ford 2910, 3000, 7610, 7740 - IH 140(2), Super A - kubota m6040
How high(off the deck) is it?

Higher up is harder to brace, but lower will probably rub the cable on the back of the trailer. Figured I better ask someone that had one before it too late.

/ Anyone with a reciever mount for a winch on their trailer? #2  
I have same thing facing me I want to install my winch in tounge box it will be low to bed and wcable will rub at the dove but I wanted to mount it in box with battery but not see it till I needed it. The closest I have come across is a couple of items that work for wrecker beds what it looks like is a plain pulley attached to a stake that drops in wreckers bed to hold wire but it it mostly looks like it would help more for off angle pulls than straight dead pulls if memory is correct it was dang expensive like $100+ I think I found it at Truck N Tow.com I do believe you could do much better If I find something reasonable I will get back to you good luck

/ Anyone with a reciever mount for a winch on their trailer? #3  
I have had my winch mounted for 6 or so years and the cable rubs but there is no signs or cable wear. I have seen guys mount what looks like a roller off a conveyor belt to keep the wear down but do not think its necessary.

Chris

/ Anyone with a reciever mount for a winch on their trailer? #4  
The little bit that it rubs will not wear the cable.......I have 2 trailers, so I have a pad on the tongue of each one to mount the winch if I need it.

/ Anyone with a reciever mount for a winch on their trailer?
So how high are they mounted off the floor? ...12"?...18"?

/ Anyone with a reciever mount for a winch on their trailer? #6  
Mine bolt to floor level........If you look at the flatbed tow vehicles, that is where they are.

/ Anyone with a reciever mount for a winch on their trailer? #7  
Mine is up about 12"

Chris

/ Anyone with a reciever mount for a winch on their trailer? #8  
If your winch is at floor level it is more pull when starting up the ramps. Alittle elevation sure makes the pull alot easier and the cable drag is less at the back of the trailer. I have the winch in my gooseneck mounted at the top of my frame. When I had my bumper hitch it was at the top of my front stop rail, about 12" above floor.

/ Anyone with a reciever mount for a winch on their trailer? #9  
Mine is flat on the bed but I have a tilt bed which makes it ideal.:thumbsup: I would weld a round bar at the back lip of the deck 2-3' wide maybe 1/2-3/4" diameter so the cable does not rub on a rough, sharp corner.

/ Anyone with a reciever mount for a winch on their trailer? #10  
mine isnt a receiver mount but just a couple pieces of angle iron welded vertically between the rub rail (top) and the bottom of the trailer. spaced to accept a 2" hitch for my small ATV winch.

sits about 4" off the deck