Anyone with a rotary cutter over 8'???

/ Anyone with a rotary cutter over 8'???
Re: Anyone with a rotary cutter over 8\'???

I currently have a bush hog 7' model 287(I believe). It is only a couple years old but I would like something a little wider than the tractor. I may look into going with an 8' unit. I'll see what th options are for pull type vs 3pt hitch. Thanks again.

/ Anyone with a rotary cutter over 8'???

I currently have a bush hog 7' model 287(I believe). It is only a couple years old but I would like something a little wider than the tractor. I may look into going with an 8' unit. I'll see what th options are for pull type vs 3pt hitch. Thanks again.

/ Anyone with a rotary cutter over 8'??? #13  

To add to John's idea, another thing to consider would be to move the tire to the inside on the side your trying to get the mower closer to. A couple inches of ofset with the chains, and a couple more with the single tire turned and you might have enough to make a difference.
David from jax

/ Anyone with a rotary cutter over 8'??? #14  

To add to John's idea, another thing to consider would be to move the tire to the inside on the side your trying to get the mower closer to. A couple inches of ofset with the chains, and a couple more with the single tire turned and you might have enough to make a difference.
David from jax

/ Anyone with a rotary cutter over 8'??? #15  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( To add to John's idea, another thing to consider would be to move the tire to the inside on the side your trying to get the mower closer to. )</font>
Darn, David. I wish I had thought of that. I did that year ago on the 8n, but I can't change my tire width on the CK20 with Ind. tires, only with AGs, so I didn't even think of it. Good call.

It's really easy to adjust tires in on some models as well as turning them inside. Of course, as was recently pointed out on another forum, some tires are set so that the tires can't be switched around. You'll know if you try it, They won't go on!
John

/ Anyone with a rotary cutter over 8'??? #16  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( To add to John's idea, another thing to consider would be to move the tire to the inside on the side your trying to get the mower closer to. )</font>
Darn, David. I wish I had thought of that. I did that year ago on the 8n, but I can't change my tire width on the CK20 with Ind. tires, only with AGs, so I didn't even think of it. Good call.

It's really easy to adjust tires in on some models as well as turning them inside. Of course, as was recently pointed out on another forum, some tires are set so that the tires can't be switched around. You'll know if you try it, They won't go on!
John

/ Anyone with a rotary cutter over 8'??? #17  

Oh, like said above, a poster here has the 10' Howse mounted shredder and he seems to have real good look with it and I wouldn't discount them. You don't need one of the higher priced brands to get a good shredder.

As for mounted vs. pull..... Pull types are best for open, field like conditions. For your trails, a 3 pt model is easily your best bet for maneuverability, backing, stumps, etc.

/ Anyone with a rotary cutter over 8'??? #18  

Oh, like said above, a poster here has the 10' Howse mounted shredder and he seems to have real good look with it and I wouldn't discount them. You don't need one of the higher priced brands to get a good shredder.

As for mounted vs. pull..... Pull types are best for open, field like conditions. For your trails, a 3 pt model is easily your best bet for maneuverability, backing, stumps, etc.