Anyone with knowledge on Differential locks?

/ Anyone with knowledge on Differential locks? #31  
orezok said:
It's just a matter of semantics and I'm not looking to be difficult, but if a wheel doesn't have traction, then it isn't driving the tractor. Spinning yes, driving the tractor no. The purpose of both 4wd or a differential lock is to get rotary motion to a wheel that has traction.

N80 said:
Sigh.

It isn't a matter of symantics. A driven wheel is a driven wheel. You could be on ice, in the mud, whatever, with all 3 wheels spinning, tractor going nowhere. Does that make it a zero wheel drive?:rolleyes:

Ok that's enough you two!! :D:D Remember this is a Family Friendly site. hehe :D

I don't know what it is but we understand both of yall!! :)

/ Anyone with knowledge on Differential locks? #32  
RobJ said:
Ok that's enough you two!! :D:D Remember this is a Family Friendly site. hehe :D

I have two teenagers at home and its like a battle royale cage match every day with my 'friendly family':rolleyes: . Makes me wonder if "Family Friendly" is an oxymoron. So based on my owm personal 'friendly family' experience my response is:

"He started it!"

And my only other responses would be:

"I don't know." and "I didn't do it."

:D :D :D

/ Anyone with knowledge on Differential locks? #33  
N80 said:
IWhen this happens I have to keep my heel on it and use the hand throttle to get out of the hole, or creek, or teeter tottering mess I've gotten into. It works okay but the hand throttle is not very precise for such situations.

Oh jeez I do feel your pain as I have had these things happen to me so many times I can't beleive I keep going where I know I shouldn't. Thankfully with the diff lock and curling the bucket I am able to extricate myself from the problem area.

/ Anyone with knowledge on Differential locks? #34  
N80 said:
I have two teenagers at home and its like a battle royale cage match every day with my 'friendly family':rolleyes: . Makes me wonder if "Family Friendly" is an oxymoron. So based on my owm personal 'friendly family' experience my response is:

"He started it!"

And my only other responses would be:

"I don't know." and "I didn't do it."

:D :D :D

hehe oxymoron or symantics... oh nevermind!! :D

You know the second persons always gets caught! I was always the second person I guess.

:D

/ Anyone with knowledge on Differential locks? #35  
Texas Dodge said:
I never use my differential lock because I keep mine in 4WD all the time:p

The places I take my tractor I need the differential lock to get me back home.
Try backing backwards up over a bank without it...

/ Anyone with knowledge on Differential locks? #36  
Kevin Beitz said:

Yeah the first thing I noticed was how little flex my Kubota has which means it tends to need the diff lock more. Sometimes for just a second I think I must be abusing my tractor because I get it into positions where I have to use the diff lock so much. But that feeling goes away quickly. :)

/ Anyone with knowledge on Differential locks? #37  
Kevin Beitz said:

I tried that, more then once, and your right. Where I live, in the wilds of Northern Ontario, 4 wheel drive by itself would never get me out just on it's own.