Anything like a side flail mower for compact tractor?

/ Anything like a side flail mower for compact tractor? #11  
I just to figure out how to connect the hydraulic lines.
I do have both a front end loader and back hoe connected.

Easy, you can just add a remote to your loader for about $500, then you can buy a grapple also!

/ Anything like a side flail mower for compact tractor? #12  
thanks guys, that Samurai sabre looks great.

I just to figure out how to connect the hydraulic lines.
I do have both a front end loader and back hoe connected.

You will need a variable flow flow divider to properly deliver the flow required for the sabre as per the manual where you could disconnect the the quick coupler on the back hoe and use that flow circuit with the flow divider to properly proportion the one way oil flow for the hydraulic motor.

you will need to remove the back hoe to have ample room for the fixed volume flow divider on the pressure side of the remote and the return line to the low pressure return side of the remote.

You will need t have 2 complete hoses made up for the sabre and you need two hydraulic fittings for the motor which are 7/8 -14 JIC 37 male and one 7/8-14 male to JIC SW10 female swivel on the motor as there is not room enough for two female hose ends to attach to the motor.

2 quick couplers sized for the rear remote will go on the other ends of the hoses. It will be faster for you to take the sabre to the hydraulic shop to be sure they give you the right fittings and hose lengths as you need to know exacly how much hose you will need if you raise the loader bucket to prune something.

DO NOT buy shorter hoses than the minimum length suggested in the manual as these hoses will connect to the hoses from the priorty flow dvider to the rear remote on the tractor.

finding a parking spot for the flow divider will probably mean plugging it into the rear remote and roping the hoses and flow diveder to the top link while mowing.

you just have to set the flow divider only once and lock it and be sure to have the pressure and return lines identified.

you also have it have the proper sweep arc in order for the hoses to raise and lower while working and moving in an arc as they are not forgiving.

Installing 2 hydraulic 90 degree swivels will save on hose life and reduce damage to hoses by attaching them to the motor fittings using 2 fitting adapters with a long femal male 45 degree fitting and a longer 45 degree male female swivel fitting.

having hose protectors slipped over the hoses and secured with the black tie wraps is a must do to prevent puncture leaks and damaged hose coverings.

/ Anything like a side flail mower for compact tractor? #13  
THeres a company in the UK that makes small flails, unfortunately the name escapes me. Ill post back if i find the link

Edit: the company i was thinking of was mcconnel. their swingtrim will fit a small machine, 15HP and 550 Kg weight. But its a sickle bar. The powerarm 32 might work, but youd have to check the specs\
Found it : McConnel

I know who you mean as far as the flails go; the mcconnel would work well but we dont know how big his budget is.

He may be better off using a narrow 48 inch caroni flail on the front and driving down and backing up the ditch as he could leave the back hoe one for ballast.

remember to back up steep slopes and drive down them. I almost rolled a bob kitty end over end 28 years ago before I realised it was to steep to drive up- really could have used wheely casters that morning.

just a thought anyway