Appliance Frustration

/ Appliance Frustration #21  
I had a leak like that in a 20 year old Maytag (that I wish I still had). It was just a hose connection to the point where the tub fills at the top of the tub. It was really simple and I fixed it myself. You might take a look with a flashlight to figure out where the leak is.

The hot and cold inlet assembly is also a relatively easy swap. Don't know what the price of the assembly is for yours, however.

Cost of an appliance repair book on Amazon next to nothing compared to appliance repairman.

/ Appliance Frustration #22  
I don't know what all the fuss is about with washing machines. We have my Grandparents washing machine. Copper body, wringer, and a hand crank agitator. No problems with the hot cold mix. Just go by feel as you add hot water.

Don't know how old it is but it still works well! And the added benefit, it's green; does not use any polluting fuels for operation!:p

/ Appliance Frustration #23  
In 1999, we had a 4 year old Kemore (by Whirlpool) washing machine that sprung a leak, but I just pulled it out, took it out in the shop where I had plenty of room, found where the pump was leaking, went to Sears for the part, and fixed it very easily. I didn't think one should leak that soon, but at least it was cheap and easy to fix.

/ Appliance Frustration #24  
going through the same thing right now the old Whirlpoo went down. The valve on the cold stopped working and the screen was clean. My wife only ceans with the cold wash so we just changed the hoses around. Now it has started leaking when the tub fill but not during any cycles.

You can buy a new Whirlpool water valve inlet assembly with both hot and cold valves for under $20 on ebay and they are very easy to change.

If it didn't leak until you changed the hoses around, it is probably just a hose gasket leaking.

Any thing that leaks on a Whirlpool just while it is filling is very easy and cheap to fix. You don't need a repairman.

/ Appliance Frustration #25  
Last year I bought GE Profile fridge that comes with a 5 yr warranty on the compressor and components The problem with appliances is if you want a real nice looking model you have to get all the electronics, Why can't they make a nice looking one with old thermostats and defrost timers?

/ Appliance Frustration #27  
Last year I bought GE Profile fridge that comes with a 5 yr warranty on the compressor and components The problem with appliances is if you want a real nice looking model you have to get all the electronics, Why can't they make a nice looking one with old thermostats and defrost timers?

That is good info that the fridge had a 5 year warranty. The one GE fridges at Lowes I looked at only had 1 year. After our Maytag fridge issue I will be looking closely at warranty periods when its By A New Fridge Time.

Later,
Dan

/ Appliance Frustration #28  

Attachments

• Bean soup.jpg
    Bean soup.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 50
   / Appliance Frustration #29  
This may not be a popular thing to say, but I think that the single best law ever passed in the state of Michigan was our bottle deposit law. ( 1972? ) Before the law, the roadsides were covered in trash. After it passed, nice and clean. I wish they would extend it to all beverage containers, and do something about other packaging also.

I second that. The same happened in Iowa. No more beer cans around the lakes and highways.

/ Appliance Frustration #30  
Thanks Tallyho8 The hose gaskets are good, It has the hose that clamps on the inlet valve and runs up to the plastic chute that the water comes into the tub from. That thing maybe leaking. I need to ceck it I know it broke loose from the back of the washer. I could find it easier if the whole thing didnt have to come apart to see it. I d like to put it on a scaffold or frame to look up under it to see the leak. I know its super simple. My wife wants to hit it in the head with my excavator.