Appropriate Ways to Use Bucket Hooks?

/ Appropriate Ways to Use Bucket Hooks? #21  
The prices at Harriscos are very expensive.That stuff can be found a lot cheaper almost anywhere else.

/ Appropriate Ways to Use Bucket Hooks? #23  
89,000 eBay sales and 100% positive feedback. That has to be a record.

Last edited:
   / Appropriate Ways to Use Bucket Hooks? #25  
That's within about ten bucks of what they are on Amazon for two of the two pack.(I literally just bought a set last night for my bucket forks.)

/ Appropriate Ways to Use Bucket Hooks? #26  
Whelp, for me they were a deal. Free shipping too. Considering it's 90 miles to the north to shop with no sales tax, or 65 miles to the south with sales tax. Not to mention fuel burned to "get to the store". Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

/ Appropriate Ways to Use Bucket Hooks? #27  
I'm fairly new at this, but I have a hook on each side of the bucket and one in the middle. I was told to stop using the middle hook, as it could much more easily deform the bucket. So now I attach a short section of chain to both side hooks, then hook in the center of that to the load. Overkill?

I should have mentioned that I reinforced the top of my bucket with a piece of 1/4" thick angle, maybe 2.5" x 2.5", so I do not worry about the bucket bending. Good point.

Be careful if you use a short piece of chain between hooks on the ends of the bucket. The shorter the chain, the greater the side pull on the hooks. If not welded well, one could be ripped off. Perhaps not a concern on a small tractor, but something to think about...

Bill

/ Appropriate Ways to Use Bucket Hooks? #28  
I guess it depends on the bucket strength, if you have reinforcement, and what you are lifting. I have never had an issue picking up things with a single hook in the middle and I have lifted things probably around 2,000lb.

/ Appropriate Ways to Use Bucket Hooks? #29  
I guess it depends on the bucket strength, if you have reinforcement, and what you are lifting. I have never had an issue picking up things with a single hook in the middle and I have lifted things probably around 2,000lb.

A lot of this depends on how the bucket is made. Some cry out for reinforcement as they just have a lip flying in the breeze. Others are double wall up there and really don't need any reinforcing metal, although it never hurts. And iffn ya got a welder, it ain't no big deal to "glue" some on.:)