Archery

/ Archery #1  

VroomVroom

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2816 HST, Super M farmall, J5 bombardier, 230 timber jack skidder
I haven稚 started many threads. I知 not sure if 登wning operating is where this should go. Do many shoot archery? I like traditional archery myself.
D19990D1-2A8A-4D3F-A490-ADC9D61E37E5.jpeg

/ Archery #2  
Hey Vroom just out of curiosity Do you always shoot towards the house?

/ Archery
Yeah. Only a few times we shoot this way. Just my gf and myself. No other way without pointing at others property. The wood is about 8 feet deep before the house.

Last edited:
   / Archery #4  
My nephew used to shoot in the back yard of his parents house. Miss fired up over the fence and once thru the fence, put an end to that. Not sure which mishap was first though. He made his own bow and when his Grandpa, my dad passed away, i gave him grampa's bow.

/ Archery
It’s actually an issue I’ve been trying to find answers to lately. We have the arrow backstop here, plus the wood and house at 15 yards. However I’d like to stump shoot mostly. The problem was nobody could give me answers until recently. If you look up the Canadian firearms act, everything stated means s bow is not a firearm. Every rule I could find then seemed to be I needed no licence or permit to carry or shoot the bow. I understand that the town bylaw would be differrnt however. In fact, I would imagine the bylaw wouldn’t allow me to shoot here either. But according to the Canadian firearms act, no licence is needed for a bow as its not considered a firearm. So I was wondering if that meant I could go in a logging road stumpshooting with no issue. Nothing in the hunters guide book states a bow as being s firearm either. However someone in wildlife found the statement that a longbow is considered in the province to be s firearm and such I cannot shoot it in any area inhabited by wildlife. Which means practically everywhere. So technically, outside of a hunting season there isn’t anywhere I can actually shoot it unless I join a rod and gun club or the like. They used to shoot in the gymnasium at the high school. But that also means the schools were letting kids shoot “firearms” inside the school. The law here doesn’t make it easy at all and the clubs are few and far between.
Coyote season here is 10 months a year so I wondered if I could have carried a coyote licence just to be able to target practice during the warm summer days. But it only states what caliber your allowed shooting coyote with, but nothing on archery which lead the guy to say that he assumed it isn’t permitted.

The other issue with that is, in coyote hunting season only, your only allowed to hunt them with a 22 center Fire caliber under a 243. And only with 12 gauge shotgun, with number 2 shot. But during say, moose season I’m permitted to shoot one with my moose carrtridge. Also I can shoot one with a .22 rimfire if I have a small game licence. But as soon as all seasons are closed except for the coyote season. Then you need a rifle that is basically too large for our small game, and too small for our big game. And no bow.

/ Archery #6  
Vroom - both my wife and I shoot traditional and shoot Super Shrew Little Favotites. What do you shoot? Also have a Mahindra Max26XL,great tractor.

/ Archery
I have a Martin savannah. 55# at 28”. It’s 62” amo.
I’m still fairly new to it. I did have numerous bows maybe 25 years ago. Can’t believe it’s been that long. What are those shrews like? Are they short? I have to check them out now. Been admiring some of big Jim’s bows too.

/ Archery #8  
Hey mods, how about a move to Rural Living?

/ Archery
Up gus, how long is that bow. I’m reading 54 inches. How does it draw and shoot?