Are diesel conditioners needed for new

/ Are diesel conditioners needed for new #1  

Mark.georgetown

Tractor
LS122
Are any diesel fuel conditioners needed or would be good to use on Subcompact tractors, about 21 hp. Mines new LS122 and mostly sits. It works a few hours a week? Tks

/ Are diesel conditioners needed for new #3  
You'll get a ton of different answers for sure....who's right.....darned if I know LOL. I also use fuel stabilizer in my gas engines, another point for argument.
I've got a 2011, 3160 3 cyl. Iseki that I use for hauling my yard trailer and plowing in the winter. I've always used Hawes fuel treatment. My theory is it's supposed to add lubricity, which is lacking in new fuel, and prevent fuel gelling which I don't want. I've never had a gel problem in the 5 or so years I've had it as for lubing...who knows and for a few bucks I'll keep using it as it can't hurt.

/ Are diesel conditioners needed for new #4  
I would. It's not about how new the tractor/technology is, it's the fuel. Condensation naturally forms in fuel tanks, and any water in the fuel can lead to bacteria forming. When that bacteria coagulates instead of passing through, it will eventually affect the flow of fuel through the pick up, or the system. I treat our fuel tanks with a maintenance biocide.

/ Are diesel conditioners needed for new #6  
I treat my fuel for lubricity in the warmer months and for cold temps switch to an anti gel additive. I use Power Service silver and white respectively.
If you are new to diesel, good fuel handling practices are more important than additives imho. Keep the tank full when possible, ALWAYS filter what goes into the machinery, store fuel under cover, and if in a cold climate ensure that your winter fuel is either treated / mixed at the pump, or treat it yourself.

/ Are diesel conditioners needed for new #7  
I use optilube xpd additive year round in my new holland. Can't say that it has kept me from having having issue with it or not. Do know that it is one of the top rated additives for adding lubricity to the diesel and I have been moving snow in winter in mid teens temps with no gelling. I guess peace of mind that it gives me helps with my decision to use it.

Last edited:
   / Are diesel conditioners needed for new #8  
Only thing I use in my diesel fuel is a biocide, in my case Bio-Kleen. If whatever additive you use, if there isn't a MSDS label attached to the bottle, it's not in it. It has to have an MSDS cautionary label to be a biocide, plain and simple. I went down the algae road a while ago and it WAS NOT A CHEAP date either. Cost me a couple grand in replacement parts and I did the grunt work myself.

/ Are diesel conditioners needed for new #9  
I feel like the answer is ”no” in a new engine, but as engines age and fuel systems get progressively dirtier, the answer changes to yes.
Water & condensation are scary issues. I would like to see every diesel with a water separator and 2 fuel filters.
With each tank, more water accumulates.

Always buy fuel from a place that sells a LOT of fuel.

/ Are diesel conditioners needed for new #10  
I used this "clear diesel" when we filled our tank in the barn last fall. It will last us another year or two, no more than we use. I use Lucas diesel anti-gel in the winter. So far that is all I've done. I do always use an anti-gel in the winter and have not had any issues for several years of winter use. I think I may get some biocide too.
1693352563345.png

Last edited: