Buying Advice Are JD x300 trannies bad?????

/ Are JD x300 trannies bad????? #11  
All hydrostatics or just those in that tractor or tranny ?

All hydrostatics. I know the ones in the CUT's are much better than the k46, but I am a bit old school and like my gears.

/ Are JD x300 trannies bad????? #12  
Does anyone know if there are upgraded transmissions available for the X300 Transmissions. I am totally disgusted with John Deere. Great Sales Job by the sales guy selling me on the upgraded X300 with its better engine, heavier frame, etc...but, failed to mention the tranny was the same as the LA model.
I even asked him about how it would handle hills as I have a fairly steep grade in the back yard. He did not recommend a higher model and said it would handle no problem. It did climb the hill very well....for 57 hours, then the Tranny failed. As others say, JD wanted close to $1K for the repair. After complaining to JD corporate, they will pay for 2/3 of the repair. My concern is that they told me this was the only tranny that fit the X300. So, am I going to have the same problem in 50 more hours? Is there a way to avoid this from happening?

/ Are JD x300 trannies bad????? #13  
Deere will sell the cheap lawn tractors, just to get the market share going to the MTD's, Craftsman, Cubs, Toro, etc.

I don't like to see it happen, when they make good tractors that will last and handle the tough jobs. But corporate america sees only the bottom line.

Buy cheap, get cheap, regardless of the paint color.