Are Kubotas individually keyed?

/ Are Kubotas individually keyed? #21  
Seems it's established that there is little to no security offered by the tractor keys.

I've installed a keyed breaker switch (from harbor freight) into the negative battery cable and mounted through the right side engine compartment cover. Also I've got a ..............aw shoot, I forgot the name of the steering wheel lockers that were very popular years ago with two hooks and a sliding keyed adjuster in the middle that locks the wheel to the brake.

Parking the tractor elevated by loader and backhoe might dissuade some thieves, auto alarm systems might help too.

Any number of other like devices might help but few as effectively as looping a large long chain through the tractor several times and around a large tree, secured by a stout padlock.

I'm thinking about this because my back property is impossible to see from my house and when I start working up there I think I'd like to leave the tractor rather than work it back through the terrain to my house. I might not be able to stand it being so far away, though, we'll have to wait and see.

/ Are Kubotas individually keyed? #22  
Our B3030HSDC(cab model)uses different key for the doors. The regular B key works for the ignition switch. L keys work in doors and switch.

/ Are Kubotas individually keyed?
DiezNutz said:
Yeah? WHERE? :D

Not tellin...however, now that I know I can start YOURS....

OTOH, I was picking up a bunch of retaining wall blocks this morning and passed a local rental shop - they have a brandy-new shiny L48 sitting out front. Now that I know I have a key for it too.... MUST.... RESIST... TEMPTATION...

JayC

/ Are Kubotas individually keyed? #24  
My neighbor has an older model B-series that his key works on my L-4400.

/ Are Kubotas individually keyed? #25  
Craftsman makes a universal key, here's a whole set. Fits some older cars as well.

Sd-7.jpg

;)

/ Are Kubotas individually keyed? #26  
dannydan3 said:
Craftsman makes a universal key, here's a whole set. Fits some older cars as well.

Sd-7.jpg

;)

You missed one.

Attachments

• Dent Puller.jpg
    Dent Puller.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 114
   / Are Kubotas individually keyed? #27  
And so the degeneration of this thread has begun in earnest...:)

/ Are Kubotas individually keyed? #28  
DiezNutz said:
And so the degeneration of this thread has begun in earnest...:)

I heard that a large medical company has started development of a new drug to treat DTD - (degenerative thread disorder)
:eek: