Are private messages here REALLY private?

/ Are private messages here REALLY private? #11  
One option to protect privacy is creating an archive (zip file etc.) and password protect it...
i.e., zip up the text(message) and include it as an attachment...of course the receiving party must have the password to open the archive
Would be easier (and probbaly more secure) to use something like SafeGmail and gmail or a similar setup with another provider.

Aaron Z

/ Are private messages here REALLY private? #12  
Would be easier (and probbaly more secure) to use something like SafeGmail and gmail or a similar setup with another provider.

Aaron Z

That's a good option and much easier for novices to use PGP...:thumbsup:

/ Are private messages here REALLY private? #14  
You can do attachments in PM's now ?
Evidently I was incorrect... other than images it's not ported by TBN for it...but it can be achieved with a hack...

/ Are private messages here REALLY private? #15  
I thought that was the case, but circumstances have led me to feel otherwise. It appears that someone is able to read my private messages here and remove my threads and posts for no other reason than they personally have an issue with what I am discussing with other members, although said private messages do not violate the forum guidelines. Makes me wonder.

The day you employed the internet for any purpose you relinguished any claim to privacy.
You have 6000+ posts here alone, if law enforcement subpoenaed your internet activity they'd get a document the size of the Obamacare bill..

/ Are private messages here REALLY private? #16  
They're stored on our server... until you delete them. But we don't read them. There are too many. :laughing: Just kidding...

Same thing applies to your web-based e-mail like Gmail... technically, they exist on a server so somebody accessing a database somewhere could read them, but companies (including ours) have policies in place about privacy and safeguarding of data.
Dear Sir: I understand the policies regarding PM's, but what about posts that are deleted, for no apparent reason? When the posts are deleted, when they didn;t violate the Rules and Regulations set forth by TBN, the results seem to be of a Personal vendetta. The OP was curious about that point, as am I. Thanks for listening.

/ Are private messages here REALLY private? #17  
Dear Sir: I understand the policies regarding PM's, but what about posts that are deleted, for no apparent reason? When the posts are deleted, when they didn;t violate the Rules and Regulations set forth by TBN, the results seem to be of a Personal vendetta. The OP was curious about that point, as am I. Thanks for listening.

This is a privately owned site, they can basically do whatever they want with "your" post.

/ Are private messages here REALLY private? #18  
Woah.. I must have missed something.. The banhammer has sure been swung bigtime today:eek:

/ Are private messages here REALLY private? #19  
Woah.. I must have missed something.. The banhammer has sure been swung bigtime today:eek:

I'm not surprised. Yesterday I was reading this thread and noticed the irony of discussions regarding how we aren't allowed to discuss what was being discussed.

The rule is that we can't post about moderator's moderating, apparently not even the moderators can.

/ Are private messages here REALLY private? #20  
This is a privately owned site, they can basically do whatever they want with "your" post.

Yeah, it's a privately owned site that makes it's money off the users. So the way I look at it, TBN works for us and if we don't like some of the policies, we can leave at any time.