Are there any other good forums around that you know of

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Are there any other good forums around that you know of #11  
Do not reply to the initial thread, simply report it.
Just ignore it. Way too many snitches today. One of the things that is bringing this country down is snitching. I really don't like snitchers anywhere. Back when I was in school, snitchers got their butt's kicked after school.

/ Are there any other good forums around that you know of #12  
Maybe take a look at some of the many current threads on the topic including the poll up by Muhammed.
He locked it when it went off the rails like most threads on here eventually do. You get that 'certain element of commenters commenting and off it goes...

/ Are there any other good forums around that you know of #13  
Are you referring to the poll where Muhammad asked whether the community should make the rules and 86.9% voted No, the thread where people described TNT, where there are no rules, as 'a cesspool'?
You should take your hurt feelings that someone is looking for new opportunities somewhere else.

I voted no, he owns it he can make the rules and I'm sure a lot of folks voted no for a similar reason even if they don't agree with all the rules. That's how America works. Just like if I decide I don't like the rules here I can leave, so can OP. Nothing to be upset about, no one is trash talking tying to ruffle feathers just someone looking for a place where they can have more open dialog about no-go topics here.

/ Are there any other good forums around that you know of #14  
He locked it when it went off the rails like most threads on here eventually do. You get that 'certain element of commenters commenting and off it goes...
Well, like you recommended above I just ignored it after the first two pages...sorry for giving bad info here about checking it out :LOL:

/ Are there any other good forums around that you know of #15  
Since the rules have not changed in years (decades?), makes me wonder why the OP, or anyone else who wants 'new opportunities', joined TBN in the first place.
Pruning a few members would fix 75% of the problems on TBN. Repeat offenders. A short list of members.

As someone mentioned, a quick Google search will find an endless list of forums. Every subject you can think of has forums geared toward it.

I'm a member of a forum that evolved thru what's going on here. Had thousands of posts per day. Excellent forum geared toward that particular subject. Trolls took over. The Administration let them rule too long before running them off. Destroyed the forums daily post counts.

That forum is clawing it's way back out of the swamp. No attitudes, just discussion and sharing information. It will take years, if ever, for it to get back where it was. Good contributors moved on.

/ Are there any other good forums around that you know of #16  
You should take your hurt feelings that someone is looking for new opportunities somewhere else.

I voted no, he owns it he can make the rules and I'm sure a lot of folks voted no for a similar reason even if they don't agree with all the rules. That's how America works. Just like if I decide I don't like the rules here I can leave, so can OP. Nothing to be upset about, no one is trash talking tying to ruffle feathers just someone looking for a place where they can have more open dialog about no-go topics here.
I am not upset nor have hurt feelings. See how you can take a thread off track by reading into a post and finding what is not there, then insulting the poster. Great example.

Last edited:
   / Are there any other good forums around that you know of #17  
Pruning a few members would fix 75% of the problems on TBN. Repeat offenders. A short list of members.

As someone mentioned, a quick Google search will find an endless list of forums. Every subject you can think of has forums geared toward it.

I'm a member of a forum that evolved thru what's going on here. Had thousands of posts per day. Excellent forum geared toward that particular subject. Trolls took over. The Administration let them rule too long before running them off. Destroyed the forums daily post counts.

That forum is clawing it's way back out of the swamp. No attitudes, just discussion and sharing information. It will take years, if ever, for it to get back where it was. Good contributors moved on.
Makes me wonder how the Administrators discovered things needed cleaning up. Hopefully, it was not snitches. :p

/ Are there any other good forums around that you know of #18  
Forums have been loosing a lot of ground to FB groups. I can't figure out FB so I hang onto the remaining forums. Google whatever topic you're interested in and the larger forums will pop up. I think TBN and OTT are kind of the last of the big tractor forums? I'm on a few hay forums that get less than 20 posts a day.
There is also a green tractor forum

/ Are there any other good forums around that you know of #19  
Are you referring to the poll where Muhammad asked whether the community should make the rules and 86.9% voted No, the thread where people described TNT, where there are no rules, as 'a cesspool'?
I voted yes. Not because I want to "rule" this forum. Because there should have been 3 choices.

It's MC's site. His choice. All I ask is the violators are publicly noted. A minimal explanation.

Or how about this, in addition to recording member's post count, how about recording their rule violation count? How about adding below my Avatar how many times I've had posts removed? Additionally, add how many times I've been placed in TBN jail? Then everyone will know who the culprits are, including the culprit.

/ Are there any other good forums around that you know of #20  
Since the rules have not changed in years (decades?), makes me wonder why the OP, or anyone else who wants 'new opportunities', joined TBN in the first place.

In my case I had a CUT issue and a search led me to TBN and I started following from there on.
I discovered many members that were very knowledgeable in many areas where I had interest. above and beyond tractors and I'd bet most came here for that same reason.
Sure, there we a few that were very annoying and also some that were simply aggressive.
Then there was one poster that took himself to be the language police and corrected every grammar/spelling error, but I just ignored him.

As far to banning politics I have to agree as that was getting to be nothing but an insulting and pissing contest, however I did miss some of the humor (mimes) that came with it.

Now to the recent COVID issue, I do agree to banning any and all misinformation but certainly would like to see retaining the positive sides of this topic that affects the whole population.
I do understand however that monitoring this so controversial topic would become a 24/24 task demanding research and knowledgeable and possibly even medical staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.