Are there Yanmar Files here?

/ Are there Yanmar Files here? #1  

Teeny Greeny

Tractor
2021 JD 2025R
Hello, I am wondering if there are any searchable files here for part numbers, maintenance, VIN/Serial Number decoder, etc. I appreciate all your replies. I don't want to ask too many questions as I'm very new to this Tractor (Yanmar 276D) and I'm sure most have been answered before! Thank you...

/ Are there Yanmar Files here? #2  
Don't be bashful about asking questions, that's what keeps this group going. All of us were beginners asking those questions when we joined.

But no, there aren't manuals etc online here. Search and you will find where people have occasionally posted their own charts, or links to information. Sometimes a Google search that points to here is more effective.

/ Are there Yanmar Files here?
Thank you. I appreciate the reply! I have learned some forums aren't "newbie" friendly with other interests. I'm glad that's not the case here.

I was wondering where to find the Tractor Serial number. I wanted to see what year my 276D is. I found a plate with the Serial number HV 1088. The meter reads 1214 hours. I am hoping it works and is accurate. The tractor was just delivered tonight so I haven't had time to check it out much. I plan on doing all the fluid changes first.

/ Are there Yanmar Files here? #5  
Tractor Serial number is generally stamped into the transmission by your left ankle. For your US Yanmar - most also had a small plate glued to the inner side of the left fender.

Engine serial number - stamped on the block by the starter, or a plate on the valve cover.

Thank you. My number doesn't have the YM before it. Here is what I found, 276D-41541 Can anyone tell me what it breaks down to?

/ Are there Yanmar Files here? #8  
Model and Serial #.

In the Parts Manual, a few part numbers may change depending on serial #. For example at a change from floor shifter to dashboard shifter.

Yanmar didn't use 'year model' at all.

/ Are there Yanmar Files here? #9  
Welcome ! On this site, i have found that there are no dumb questions. And all the folks around here are happy to share, what they know of the subject you may ask of. If they can, or give you a place to start a search of what you seek. Anyways, Good Luck with your tractor and be safe.

/ Are there Yanmar Files here? #10  
I've found that old advertising brochures have good information. Here are the specs for the YM276D. BTW, your tractor what is known as a "US model" because it was sold in the US back in the late 1970s and through the 1980s when Yanmar was probably the best known of the compact tractors. All US models started with YM....I don't know why.

BTW, at that time only Yanmar had that special type of front axle that your tractor has on it and back then it was still patent protected..... a major selling point for Yanmar. Today almost all the compact and utility size 4wd tractors use that type of front axle.
Enjoy, rScotty

Attachments

• Orig Adv_YM226&YM276_pg 10.jpg
    Orig Adv_YM226&YM276_pg 10.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 248