Are these oil ports?

/ Are these oil ports? #1  

robdean

Tractor
Kubota Gen
I have posted pics of a kobota 1105d. I am wondering if these are oil ports? I would like to add a sensor to monitor oil temp and real time pressure not just the switch oil pressure sensor. I am not going to remove the switch i want to keep it in place since the current system uses it. I just want to add one so i can see and monitor it more accurately. Lower oil pressure could help me keep from having major issues. The oil switch to me is more of a its to late off button.

Any toughts?

Thanks

Rob

Attachments

• 20240329_162902.jpg
    20240329_162902.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 78
  • 20240329_162909.jpg
    20240329_162909.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
   / Are these oil ports? #2  
Yes those are oil galleries

/ Are these oil ports?
Yes those are oil galleries
Any idea if those would work for what i am trying to do? I assume they would be part of the oil flow path giving me pressure and temp. Thoughts?

Rob

/ Are these oil ports? #4  
Any idea if those would work for what i am trying to do? I assume they would be part of the oil flow path giving me pressure and temp. Thoughts?

Rob
It will definitely give you pressure. But as for the temperature, it will give you oil temp but the accuracy is according to the oil path. Example if the oil gallery you screw the temp in has just ran past the water pump intake then the oil temp at that location will probably be 30° cooler than it actually is.

/ Are these oil ports? #5  
Where pressure switches and senders are required you can use a tee on the existing location if your not sure about the other ports.

Oil temperature is measured in the sump. The industrial Kubota engines have a temperature sender port about 1/3 up the pan, if yours doesn’t you can get a thread adapter for the drain port. Just be sure it’s protected from damage.

/ Are these oil ports?
It will definitely give you pressure. But as for the temperature, it will give you oil temp but the accuracy is according to the oil path. Example if the oil gallery you screw the temp in has just ran past the water pump intake then the oil temp at that location will probably be 30° cooler than it actually is.
Very good point. The oil pickup as mentioned is not an option and the bottom of the oil pan wont be avalible do to clearance. I am guessing i need to see what port (one of the ones in the picture or the one on the other side of the engine where the current pressure switch is) would be the most accurate for temperature.

Thanks i will keep looking into it.

Rob