Are These Trailer Ramps OK for a Kubota BX25D?

/ Are These Trailer Ramps OK for a Kubota BX25D? #1  

Johnkn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX3310
Greetings,

I'm getting ready to purchase a new Sure Trac low dump trailer for a new Kubota BX25D. The removable ramps look like this:

HEuoJh.jpg

The front tires on the Kubota are only 18x8.5-10, and I'm nervous that they will hang up on the ramps. Any cause for alarm? I could weld expanded metal over the ramps, or perhaps just a 1" wide flat stock down the center to support the relatively narrow tires. Suggestions? thank you

/ Are These Trailer Ramps OK for a Kubota BX25D? #2  
I have ramps like those on a deckover trailer. I have driven my garden tractors up them many times with 4x8 front tires and never had a problem.

/ Are These Trailer Ramps OK for a Kubota BX25D? #3  
Look fine to me.

Chris

/ Are These Trailer Ramps OK for a Kubota BX25D? #4  
You will know when you try them, but they look pretty light. Hard to tell the depth of the side rails from the picture. I had some similar and had to crib up the middle after I bent them and had to straighten. I have since bought a tilt deck trailer, solved that problem. You are well over 3000# on rear wheels with FEL and BH on. And that is point load on small tires with small ground contact to spread the load out.

Ron

/ Are These Trailer Ramps OK for a Kubota BX25D?
Thanks all.

This is a 14k 14x7' trailer, the ramps are plenty stout. My concern was that the relatively narrow front tires would sink down in the center void of the ramps and not roll smoothly. I would probably raise the front of the bed a foot or two, effectively lowering the rear of the bed and creating a consistent slope from ground to trailer bed traveling up/down. Just wondering if there was a chance that the front tires could get stuck in the ramp voids creating a YouTube moment (that I wish to avoid) LOL. thanks....

/ Are These Trailer Ramps OK for a Kubota BX25D? #6  
They look similar to mine, though I can't tell the actual spacing measurement between the rungs. It is a bit of a bumpy ride up or down, but works fine.

/ Are These Trailer Ramps OK for a Kubota BX25D? #7  
Should be no problem. I take my tractor and zero turn up ramps like that.

/ Are These Trailer Ramps OK for a Kubota BX25D? #8  
Everyone says you would be fine, but what if you needed to scoop stuff from trailer with fel" expanded metal would make it a nice ride p and down.. But that's me, I like smooth ramps.

/ Are These Trailer Ramps OK for a Kubota BX25D? #9  
Everyone says you would be fine, but what if you needed to scoop stuff from trailer with fel" expanded metal would make it a nice ride p and down.. But that's me, I like smooth ramps.

I agree with this.

At one time I had a 14' utility trailer with ladder ramps (no storage either) for a scut. The inverted angle iron cross members were space perfectly to cause problems with tires. I wound up carrying planks with me to run up various equipment. PIA.

Next trailer was an Appalachian 18' car hauler. It pulls great. I was aware of this brand prior and they have improved quality over the years. After looking at several brands what I really liked about this brand was the angled front, combination of diamond plate and wood deck, slide in REAR ramp storage, swing up jack and the highlight for me was 16" wide smooth ramps. I added a custom diamond plate toolbox. And since the truck tailgate blocks view of trailer I added a pair of flexible rod markers that are used on the edge of snow plows. The rear taillight square tube extension was a perfect mounting place. When I b/u trailer or go through narrow gate I know the rods are almost flush with width of trailer.

Only mistake was not getting 20' 10k, but that's another story and overall I'm very happy with it.

Btw, it looks like your ramps are square tube with closer spacing than what I described in the preceding, so I think you will be ok. And if it is a problem you could always have expanded or sheet metal like radioman suggested tacked to top of ramps. Enjoy that dump trailer!